Dan O'Shea

tieguy

Banned
Tieman,

Appears what the "guy did", as you put it, was have a work-related injury and 1 year from a paid retirement.

Reading his briefs, it looks like the company changed and contracted their position as to what he did wrong about 25 times until O'Shea caught them in their own lies.

I wouldn't think to believe I have the legal expertise to read his documents and render a decision. You and I can only judge this case by what he post on his website since UPS will never post a rebuttle to his information on any website. His case is clearly presented from one perspective only.You're right per his briefs and his website which is skillfully scripted to make his case. However his case has now gone through numerous trials and intensive scrutiny without a win. Thus what appears to be one way to you did not appear the same way to experienced jurists who know and understand the law a heck of a lot better then you or I.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Along with the tape recorder did he also wear a target on his back. Spend 15 years pointing out everything someone does wrong and expect them on your side. Would be interesting to meet up with his co-drivers at the local watering hole and get some background info. I must admit the guy is persistant. I would have given up and moved on.

hdkappler

i wouldn't of given up either.since the unon didn't try to help.i think people should see the the truth about brown.write to the media see what they could do to help him if they can.

tieguy

Banned
i wouldn't of given up either.since the unon didn't try to help.i think people should see the the truth about brown.write to the media see what they could do to help him if they can.

If that is the case then you have to be pretty screwed up to get your union so pissed at you that they turn their back to you. the unions justify their union dues by fighting for the guy that got fired. you see all those cases filed and somehow think the guy got screwed. I see all those briefs on his site and realize that the more times he loses in court the more likely it is that he was dead wrong. UPS has lost numerous cases in court recently yet they keep winning this one. Step back take your gut out of it, look past the skillfull marketing job on his web site, look past all the pretty web pages and ask yourself why.

hdkappler

if we don't get an e-mail by 09/29/07.then i think it's time to move .don't think he is interested in people that want to help.

DS

Fenderbender
Mr hdkappler sir.I recieved a rather lengthy email response from
Dan O'shea.I had written informing him about the thread in
the browncafe with his namesake.I wrote that although some of
us were divided regarding his dismissal,that his thoughts would
be appreciated,and I asked him to post his comments.
He declined the invitation for the time being, for personal reasons,
but will consider chiming in at a future date.
As far as responding to your email goes,maybe he is not asking
for handouts.

tieguy

Banned
thats been his style. His case has popped up in many different venues over the years and he never comes out and supports his case. Everything is on his web site in carefully scripted prose and propaganda. The great conspiracy between UPS the various branchs of the government, the teamsters and of course the various levels of the legal system. In fact it may be one of the greatest conspiracies against one individual ever.

Looks like Danny must have done some professional modeling when he was younger. I wonder why he thought posting one of his professional pics on his website would somehow help his case.

Read between the lines this guy is full of himself.

wily_old_vet

I worked in the same building and knew Dan. Let's just say that he brought this on himself. He did everything he could to antagonize his management team and was not well liked by other drivers, except for those who also were constantly confrontational with management. I saw 639 get many people back there jobs who I didn't feel deserved it so for them not to stand up for him speaks volumes. Time for him to move on and get a life.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So, was he fired for using a recorder device???If so, how is it justified that mgt knew he used one for many years, but did nothing about it at anytime before.If this isnt right, can someone explain in a nutshell why he was fired. As a general question, if you have a behavior that you have been doing for years with, or without mgts knowledge and then someone new comes in and questions you, fires you over it....how does the years of previous behavior play into getting your job back , or being diciplined? Seems like all mgt are very different, some let minor things get swept under the rug, others will call you on anything and everything.

beatupbrown

Wily -old Vet , I believe he did not bend over and say thank you sir may I have another.With all those back surgeries wily you must have been lucky to get out of there with you ass not in a chair, good job.:confused:1