Dangerous Delivery

Re-Raise

Alright upschuck..you never answered when I asked what your story is. Are you a driver or an inside employee? How long have you worked here?

I already know the other drivers at my center will have my back tomorrow. I am still baffled by your concern about this clown getting his packages.

I say screw him

upschuck

Alright upschuck..you never answered when I asked what your story is. Are you a driver or an inside employee? How long have you worked here?

I already know the other drivers at my center will have my back tomorrow. I am still baffled by your concern about this clown getting his packages.

I say screw him
I have worked at UPS since 1990, non management.

I give you the right that if you feel threatened by this particular customer, not to deliver it; I just don't feel threatened by him.

He says don't enter his garage, then don't go in his garage(don't know why he doesn't just close the door, but anyway), that is his right.

Re-Raise

I have worked at UPS since 1990, non management.

I give you the right that if you feel threatened by this particular customer, not to deliver it; I just don't feel threatened by him.

He says don't enter his garage, then don't go in his garage(don't know why he doesn't just close the door, but anyway), that is his right.
If he had just called in and asked to have the driver not enter his garage , we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Please admit that you understand the difference

upschuck

I suppose his dog will probably lick you to death too, right before he bites you!
I have been bitten a few times myself, doesn't mean I won't deliver to those homes anymore because of it.
Unlike upschuck I care more about my co-workers' safety then I care about this nut job and his packages
I care about everyone's safety, not just my own. If he is as dangerous as you say he is, what happens when he comes to the building, and goes nuts(a lot more people there), when it all could have been nipped in the bud by not going into the garage.

Re-Raise

I have been bitten a few times myself, doesn't mean I won't deliver to those homes anymore because of it.

I care about everyone's safety, not just my own. If he is as dangerous as you say he is, what happens when he comes to the building, and goes nuts(a lot more people there), when it all could have been nipped in the bud by not going into the garage.
Send it back to the shipper!

I didn't say he was dangerous, he said it himself!

upschuck

If he had just called in and asked to have the driver not enter his garage , we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Please admit that you understand the difference
I see the difference, but he has been visited by people, and deemed not a threat. Here, UPS will not allow the driver to go into such an explosive situation if they weren't satisfied with what was said. That is a huge lawsuit against them if anything did happen, and they do not want that.

10 point

Then he'd be even madder that he drove that far and not get his package.
Theres nothing good about any resolution in this situation .
Crazy is crazy. Angry isn't crazy. Anger normally has a root cause and crazy people will kill even if they aren't angry.

The whole story isn't told here so that's all I have to go on.

The customer told the company that he'd kill someone (in cold blood) if they went into his garage again.

That's a crazy person's statement and it's a good chance that he will do it.

upschuck

Theres nothing good about any resolution in this situation .
Crazy is crazy. Angry isn't crazy. Anger normally has a root cause and crazy people will kill even if they aren't angry.

The whole story isn't told here so that's all I have to go on.

The customer told the company that he'd kill someone (in cold blood) if they went into his garage again.

That's a crazy person's statement and it's a good chance that he will do it.
Easy solution, don't go into his garage.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

It has nothing to do with the freakin' garage; it has everything to do with delivering to a freakin' nut job that has already threatened the driver.

10 point

I see the difference, but he has been visited by people, and deemed not a threat. Here, UPS will not allow the driver to go into such an explosive situation if they weren't satisfied with what was said. That is a huge lawsuit against them if anything did happen, and they do not want that.
Jeffrey Dahmer was visited by the cops while he was killing people and they seemed him ok.

The company doesn't give a squat about our lives unless something brings bad media exposure. I've seen it first hand.
They fight Art 18 grievances with all they've got. Good luck.

Ask @toonertoo .

Re-Raise

The CIA visited the Orlando killer a couple of times also.