Day after Christmas --- what a mess

Johney

December 26, what happened in my center:

Preload start 530am

Drivers out the door at 905 with a 9am start

All drivers back 630pm

Local Sort Wrapped 830pm

Planning anyone?
How do you get drivers out the door in 5 minutes after start time? Our PCM's last a minimum of 5 minutes, then everyone accounts for their air(10 min). Our A.M. time is at least .25 in the best of cases. Don't tell me by intimidation.LOL.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How do you get drivers out the door in 5 minutes after start time? Our PCM's last a minimum of 5 minutes, then everyone accounts for their air(10 min). Our A.M. time is at least .25 in the best of cases. Don't tell me by intimidation.LOL.

I can keep a PCM short...air what air? Drivers had on the average 2 airs a piece. 10 minutes for finding air - LOL! You are stealing stop it.

It doesn't have to be hard so stop making it hard.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Exact reason I stayed home. Dragon sounds like you had a good plan for a messed up day. How was your peak??

Peak was pretty smooth - just a few days were we had to adjust but other wise all the planning/hiring for peak paid off. Most if not all drivers said it was the smoothest peak we have had in a long time. I know my stress level was down.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Overall Dragon. How do you feel? As a management perspective. Chatter --or, feel how it my effect the way UPS will be run? Or, will it be back to cut,cut,cut??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not really this actually makes sense. Ups just got raked over the coals for service failures on Xmas eve. The last two days all we have heard is zero missed today zero missed.

People have been crying for us to go back to superior service. We do and now everyone bitches anyway. I have a feeling "every package every day" may once again be our motto until this all blows over.
My what a difference a year makes. Smooth sailing dec 26 this year.

Johney

I can keep a PCM short...air what air?Forgot about light or no air I was off. Drivers had on the average 2 airs a piece. 10 minutes for finding air - LOL! You are stealing stop it. Stealing? Typical manger answer for everything.

It doesn't have to be hard so stop making it hard.Just there to do all I can to screw your day up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Every where is different. At my center 99% of the time the cars are wrapped and PCM is under 30 seconds. Almost all are on the road in under 10 minutes.