Day after Christmas --- what a mess

10 point

Had to sit for over two and a half hours for pick ups. Asked for more work. They said there was none. Set my alarm on my phone and took about an hour nap. Felt like I was stealing time but was told to just sit. I got over for once. Felt kinda weird.
Work here long enough and you won't be able to nap during the down time.

You'll be too busy snickering. :)

oldngray

nowhere special
Does a bear s in the woods. Well daaaaaaaa does beer nut drink beer everyday except when he's sick daaaaaa!!
bear.gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Overall Dragon. How do you feel? As a management perspective. Chatter --or, feel how it my effect the way UPS will be run? Or, will it be back to cut,cut,cut??

It will be back to SPC. We have to come up with a different metric (my opinion) to put cars on the road.

It does not have to be a battle everyday at work.

Johney

It will be back to SPC. We have to come up with a different metric (my opinion) to put cars on the road.

It will always be a battle until dispatching is brought back to the center level,which it never will be.

AKCoverMan

Had to sit for over two and a half hours for pick ups. Asked for more work. They said there was none. Set my alarm on my phone and took about an hour nap. Felt like I was stealing time but was told to just sit. I got over for once. Felt kinda weird.
They will fix that on Monday for you Buster. Never fear! Lol

AKCoverMan

Exactly.. In my center we have hired ton of perm FT drivers and we have the equipment on hand. Why not put a few more routes on road and keep everyone dispatch reasonable. We did a lot to repair our image this peak after last year. Now we can use resources on hand to build on that by concentrating on service.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Exactly.. In my center we have hired ton of perm FT drivers and we have the equipment on hand. Why not put a few more routes on road and keep everyone dispatch reasonable. We did a lot to repair our image this peak after last year. Now we can use resources on hand to build on that by concentrating on service.

Exactly, great post.