Day after Christmas

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ummmmmmm
We don't pick up additional volume but Feeders is still working during the day while we are delivering Xmas Eve

Is this something I'm wrong on ?????
By your assumption, Feeders has 2 days off then ????
They might...some feeders have off from Christmas to after New years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ummmmmmm
We don't pick up additional volume but Feeders is still working during the day while we are delivering Xmas Eve

Is this something I'm wrong on ?????
By your assumption, Feeders has 2 days off then ????

All we are delivering 12/26 will be air and send agains. We will be making pickups. One of the worst days to work.

oldupsman

All we are delivering 12/26 will be air and send agains. We will be making pickups. One of the worst days to work.

Oh I disagree on that one. Not when it falls on a Fri. I worked that Fri. more than once in my early days and
they were the easiest days I ever had. Even doing as many as 4 or 5 routes you had all the deliveries off by 11.
More than 1 customer said don't come back for the afternoon pickup or I even took them in the morning when I delivered.
I call in about 2 and ask what should I do. Have a cup of coffee. Okay, then I call back about 4 and they say come on in.
Only time I worked only 6 1/2, 7 hours and they didn't argue about paying me 8. And then I had the weekend off.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Oh I disagree on that one. Not when it falls on a Fri. I worked that Fri. more than once in my early days and
they were the easiest days I ever had. Even doing as many as 4 or 5 routes you had all the deliveries off by 11.
More than 1 customer said don't come back for the afternoon pickup or I even took them in the morning when I delivered.
I call in about 2 and ask what should I do. Have a cup of coffee. Okay, then I call back about 4 and they say come on in.
Only time I worked only 6 1/2, 7 hours and they didn't argue about paying me 8. And then I had the weekend off.
My route will be cut for sure= use my last POH--to the rest of you it's an OPH

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'm just wondering which one of my customers is going to whine "What do you mean there are no pick ups Christmas Eve?" Usually it's the same one who says that every year.

oldupsman

I'm just wondering which one of my customers is going to whine "What do you mean there are no pick ups Christmas Eve?" Usually it's the same one who says that every year.

Had a customer the same way. Guy just insisted on getting picked up on Christmas Eve. Then when I wouldn't
he call the center and rant to my center manager. So finally 1 year instead of hearing his crying I just started picking him up.
Didn't tell him the package was going to sit for 2 days.

Had a customer the same way. Guy just insisted on getting picked up on Christmas Eve. Then when I wouldn't
he call the center and rant to my center manager. So finally 1 year instead of hearing his crying I just started picking him up.
Didn't tell him the package was going to sit for 2 days.
We will make a few pickups wedensday,for those customers closed on Friday.