Day after Christmas

watdaflock?

We only have about 1/3rd the normal amount of preloaders working the 26th. Everything I've heard is it's a short day with not much volume.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
We had a expanded air sort scheduled for Saturday open to volunteers (6:00AM start - OT) and a full, mandatory sort scheduled Sunday (4:00AM start - 2OT). On Tuesday, we were told the Sunday sort was off in favor of a mandatory Saturday sort instead (new start time = 2:30AM)... then at the last minute yesterday (literally), we were told the Saturday sort was off and only a handful of volunteers were needed for about 1-2 hours for Saturday air.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
The Union is fortunate to have me working for them and willing to pay their ridiculous fees.
Get rid of all the Senior dead weight (lazy-asses) and the Union may actually survive for another decade.
Quit. Show your willingness to stand up for yourself, then. Go pass out shopping carts at Walmart and show the Teamsters the depth of your conviction.

Johney

Ummmmmmm
We don't pick up additional volume but Feeders is still working during the day while we are delivering Xmas Eve

Is this something I'm wrong on ?????
By your assumption, Feeders has 2 days off then ????
As a matter of fact they do. Tuesday night into Wednesday, lay-off Wednesday night(except air trailer to airport) off Thursday Christmas. Guys running Sun-Thurs runs are set for a long holiday. Mon-Fri runs have to come in on Friday after Christmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some places are closed Friday. So we will pickup their packagges on Wednesday.

...so they can sit in a pile in a corner somewhere in your building...?

A few years ago I made the executive decision to close out the UPS Store on Christmas Eve to save myself from having to deal with it on the 26th. My center manager was not very happy with me.

Johney

A few years ago I made the executive decision to close out the UPS Store on Christmas Eve to save myself from having to deal with it on the 26th. My center manager was not very happy with me.
That would not fly in our building. Everything goes into a retain trailer and with no reload working on the 24th YOU'D be scanning and loading your executive decision in there yourself.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Even in the BOG no good deed goes unpunished.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

As of this coming Monday my center is running 109 routes, give or take, fri after Christmas 50. Easiest day of the year!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Union is fortunate to have me working for them and willing to pay their ridiculous fees.
Get rid of all the Senior dead weight (lazy-asses) and the Union may actually survive for another decade.

You do not work for the union.

You are on your second peak. You are still a rookie. I retired after 34 1/2 years, and I could still come back and work circles around you.

But, you are probably a better shoe salesperson.