Day after Thanksgiving requirement

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If we plan 50 routes and 47 drivers show up, the work from the remaining 3 routes will be absorbed just like every other day of the week. Only send agains will be left for Monday.

ManInBrown

80% of your total building drivers is 25? Maybe that's why. In larger buildings.....we have lots of seasonals.
Not a small center. On an average day 58-65 routes are dispatched. It's early in the morning here. My brain is not working yet. LOL. I should have said we don't have 45 casuals to run routes. From what I've seen we only have a handful of casuals this year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not a small center. On an average day 58-65 routes are dispatched. It's early in the morning here. My brain is not working yet. LOL. I should have said we don't have 45 casuals to run routes. From what I've seen we only have a handful of casuals this year.
Non peak we have about 300 routes....add about 40-50 extra for peak. 65 is a small center from my perspective.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Just curious-----let's say you volunteer, run your own route and are able to get rid of most everything; however, 2 of your loop mates choose not to work and their routes are not dispatched. Do you end up getting work off of either of those routes on the following Monday?
If what happened last year when some of us worked a couple of Sat's to get packages off the truck, I will say yes, that most certainly would and will happen

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They only set the lineup based on number of drivers volunteering to work or asked to work, so most likely work will be moved around on Monday based on what was delivered on Friday

A couple of years we got hammered by snow to the point where they declared a state of emergency. Most of the guys brought it in but I stayed out and got everything delivered. The following morning they wanted to give me work off adjacent areas. My on car stepped in and made sure my run was left alone.

ManInBrown

A couple of years we got hammered by snow to the point where they declared a state of emergency. Most of the guys brought it in but I stayed out and got everything delivered. The following morning they wanted to give me work off adjacent areas. My on car stepped in and made sure my run was left alone.
Only in the BOG. My on-car would have stepped in and made sure they piled even more work on from adjacent routes

Johney

Just like we get triple time?

Not really. I am paid, and so is Dave, for the holiday whether I work or not.

If I work, I am working for double time. Dave got his holiday pay, so his vacation pay for that day is straight time. He did get an extra days pay for Thursday, holiday and vacation.
He got paid twice for the same day.....double time.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

And once again Dave, that's not the normal operating procedure at centers around ups.

So everyone headed in so they would be safe and not endanger the public being out there?

And yet you all alone rocked it out ?

Man the ego in you. You're not a navy SEAL. Or maybe you think you're elite?

Please keep posting all these tidbits about how awesome you are by yourself.

Johney

So someone had to wait for you to bring your superstar ass back before they could go home safely. All for some cardboard that would eventually get delivered. Nice Dave you truly are a winner.