Day after Thanksgiving requirement

What'dyabringmetoday???

Look in the mirror. That's exactly what you do. Did you ever work part time in your center (let alone recently, to have a current, relevant perspective)? Did you ever work part time in a hub? Have you been through driver training recently, to know what new drivers are/aren't taught? Feeders? What about all the comments you make on FedEx employee issues?
I read the Upstate/West New York rider's holiday language (Article 61), and it seems to say otherwise. If there is a separate letter of understanding or a (precedent setting) grievance decision, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Did you ask your coworkers who worked that day last year how they were actually paid? Was there a grievance filed?

Why does it matter to you at all, since you like to take that week off?
It is a rare occasion that I agree with the Great Upstate, but he is correct on this one.

watdaflock?

If the last contract states no one works that day - why has the union allowed this to happen? There wasn't any vote after the contract passed to make this a mandatory work day. Just curious. To me, if nothing was voted in prior to ratification of the contract - then the company should abide what was passed in the contract book. I doubt if anyone has received any type of amendment to the contract stating that everyone is now required to work the day after.
Call in sick.

Hope this helps.

AKCoverMan

ive heard that its normal pay. not double time or a holiday pay....just normal pay like today
It's different everywhere based on local supplement but i believe it's a holdiday everywhere. But depending on your local you get paid a lot of extra money if you work or eight straight if you are off.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's different everywhere based on local supplement but i believe it's a holdiday everywhere. But depending on your local you get paid a lot of extra money if you work or eight straight if you are off.

Correct.

It is a paid holiday. UPS says it's a normal workday meaning everyone is scheduled to work, ground will be delivered and all accounts, that are open, will be picked up.

Your supplement determines your rate of pay for that day. Some pay double time, some pay time and a half and Upstate gets straight time. Oh, wait, he's on vacation.

Johney

Correct.

It is a paid holiday. UPS says it's a normal workday meaning everyone is scheduled to work, ground will be delivered and all accounts, that are open, will be picked up.

Your supplement determines your rate of pay for that day. Some pay double time, some pay time and a half and Upstate gets straight time. Oh, wait, he's on vacation.
Actually he does get double time. 45 hours vacation pay plus 2 days holiday pay. So Thur & Fri he is paid double. At least that's how it is here.