Day off Change

fedexnyc

Can anyone help me with an issue?.
Had my days off changed from Fri/Sat to Sat/Sun back in January.Was very happy.Only took over 20 years to get.Was now told they want to change me to Sun/Mon off.

Does anyone know what the policy is on how often they can do this and how much notice they need to give before they can enforce it??.

Thanks in advance

SmithBarney

Can anyone help me with an issue?.
Had my days off changed from Fri/Sat to Sat/Sun back in January.Was very happy.Only took over 20 years to get.Was now told they want to change me to Sun/Mon off.

Does anyone know what the policy is on how often they can do this and how much notice they need to give before they can enforce it??.

Thanks in advance
What does your offer letter say? are you m-friend or tu-sat. If they never gave you an offer letter for the change, then you are still tu-sat.

fedexnyc

I was Fri/Sat off.In January it got changed to Sat/Sun off.No offer letter.Now they want to change it to Sun/Mon off without an offer letter.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I was Fri/Sat off.In January it got changed to Sat/Sun off.No offer letter.Now they want to change it to Sun/Mon off without an offer letter.
WHY do they ALWAYS have to mess with people?

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Well there you have it, you never signed an offer letter for the change, its a shame, but true.

He can raise a stink about it via HR/GFT. His actual status is off Fri/Sat as stated in his last signed offer letter. Should argue that he wasn't given a letter when he was changed to Sat/Sun off, and that he wanted one and was willing to sign. Once that's taken care of, there's still the issue of moving him to Sun/Mon.

Assume they square him away and he's now officially a Sat/Sun courier and they're going to change that route to Sun/Mon. He doesn't have to accept. There are a couple of options, but the ultimate one is that the least senior courier with the same work times and days off would be placed in the Sun/Mon position and the OP would be moved to that vacated Sat/Sun position.

Why did a 20 year employee accept a schedule change (in his favor, no less) without asking for an offer letter?

fedexnyc

He can raise a stink about it via HR/GFT. His actual status is off Fri/Sat as stated in his last signed offer letter. Should argue that he wasn't given a letter when he was changed to Sat/Sun off, and that he wanted one and was willing to sign. Once that's taken care of, there's still the issue of moving him to Sun/Mon.

Assume they square him away and he's now officially a Sat/Sun courier and they're going to change that route to Sun/Mon. He doesn't have to accept. There are a couple of options, but the ultimate one is that the least senior courier with the same work times and days off would be placed in the Sun/Mon position and the OP would be moved to that vacated Sat/Sun position.

Why did a 20 year employee accept a schedule change (in his favor, no less) without asking for an offer letter?

Thanks for your reply.I am not a courier or a truck driver.The move to Sat/Sun off was to my benefit so I didnt need an offer letter.This move is not to my benefit.