Do they give me the day off?

• Yes

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Not just no but HELL NO!

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filthpig

Maybe today? I'll be interested to see what they say, although I already know what the answer will be. A resounding "NO"

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
You didn't want to work on Founders Day, 8/28. Maybe a trinket , some free food & still get paid. I might call my old center & see what food they are having!

I couldn't get a day off for over 2 years beacause i knew too many routes. Of course i could have planned ahead and put in for an optional.

sx2700

Banned
That's why you don't request days off. If you have to have a day off inform them that you will be gone or call in. But then I suppose that only works for part timers.

over9five

Staff member
Today will be the first Founders day I've worked in 15 years. What should I expect? Food? Gifts? [-]Strippers[/-], errr, dancers?

I've always had this week as vacation, but couldn't get it this year.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LMAO You guys are to funny. I had to go look at the calender to figure out what you were talking about. If you get cake and ice cream I want some. I bet we don't get a damn thing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I''m off and I didn't even have to ask for it. Vacation rocks. and I get the extra day off with Labor Day. also had thursday and Friday before vacation off. Almost two weeks off is good stuff.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I''m off and I didn't even have to ask for it. Vacation rocks. and I get the extra day off with Labor Day. also had thursday and Friday before vacation off. Almost two weeks off is good stuff.

That's what I call planning ahead! Has the rain quit in Central Pa from Fay?

browniehound

I believe in a simple philosophy: if you need or want the day off put in for the optional or book off. Don't come to the center dressed in your browns and expect or hope to get the day off. Also, don't get mad if you come to work and someone else gets to have the day off when you wanted it.

If you come to work, dressed for work, it shows me you intended to work. Why all the crying when you can't find someone to do your route?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are afforded 6 occurrences per 9 months. If you want a day off, take it. You need not tell them why, just that you won't be in one hour prior to your start time.

S

speeddemon

I couldn't get a day off for over 2 years beacause i knew too many routes. Of course i could have planned ahead and put in for an optional.

It is thier responsibility to have adequate coverage. Call in sick if you have to.

upsdude

dancers?.

Be careful!!!!!

Police say dancer struck man with SUV after bachelor party
By Shawn Day
The Virginian-Pilot
© August 26, 2008
VIRGINIA BEACH
An exotic dancer was being held in jail without bond, and a 33-year-old man was hospitalized with broken bones Tuesday after a raucous weekend bachelor party at a Town Center apartment tower, according to police.
Police said the dancer, Hanna Whipple, 28, of Norfolk, left the party after a dispute with guests and climbed into her sport utility vehicle. She spotted one of the men from the party in the parking garage and smashed into him, leaving him with multiple broken bones and cuts, police spokesman Jimmy Barnes said.
Whipple declined to be interviewed. A dancer who said she performed with Whipple on Saturday night, however, described the incident as "self-defense" after a party spiraled out of control and left both women battered.
Jassmine Pruitt, 22, said she and Whipple ended their show about 11 p.m. after a few of the 15 to 20 guests disobeyed their instructions not to take photos. As the women tried to dress, one man would not let them leave and began hitting them, she said.
They eventually escaped and hurried to the parking garage at 4544 Columbus St., where Whipple had parked her Toyota 4Runner, Pruitt said. Four men from the party followed them, and Pruitt said one tried to pull her out of Whipple's vehicle.
That's when Whipple hit the gas, striking the man and knocking him into a wall, Pruitt said.
"If she hadn't driven off like that," she said, "I'd have been dragged out the truck and beaten up again."
The injured man remained at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital on Tuesday evening.