Day three of hell (Thursday)

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
Tonight was another night of BS. Package cars unloaded with two days of residential not delivered due to weather. Stackouts upon stackouts all over the hub, and this is just the twilight shift. Wouldn't want to see it during night shift.

On the plus side, they didn't try to lock me in the building tonight. Hub gave us like 8 people to help. Tomorrow and friday should be even better as the residential areas still are not snow plowed.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
quit your crying... you weren't in Denver for PEAK when hundreds of thousands of packages got missed... ;) But I feel for ya.

I agree with fredly, Joopster. If its any comfort, UPS big rigs are backed up coming West out of the Southern States, particularly those I-70 runs through because of snow and ice east of Denver on -70. It was snowing here earlier, so that'll just muck things up all the more. -Rocky

HazMatMan

Tonight was another night of BS. Package cars unloaded with two days of residential not delivered due to weather. Stackouts upon stackouts all over the hub, and this is just the twilight shift. Wouldn't want to see it during night shift.

On the plus side, they didn't try to lock me in the building tonight. Hub gave us like 8 people to help. Tomorrow and friday should be even better as the residential areas still are not snow plowed.

Welcome to UPS buddy.. How long you been there??

aspenleaf

I understand. It is very difficult to move work forward when the drivers bring so much of it back each night due to horrid weather. I hope things get better for you all very soon.

Channahon

Joopster, If you've been around for almost 6 years, have you not had issues like this before?
Weather is weather and there's not much anyone can do about it, except service what UPS can and update packages with tracking information to keep the customers updated, should they track their shipment.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
Joopster, If you've been around for almost 6 years, have you not had issues like this before?
Weather is weather and there's not much anyone can do about it, except service what UPS can and update packages with tracking information to keep the customers updated, should they track their shipment.

I understand that. Just perturbed that the stops could not be left on the package cars instead of flooding the system with unnecessary volume.

Channahon

I understand that. Just perturbed that the stops could not be left on the package cars instead of flooding the system with unnecessary volume.
I understand your frustration with all the packages being stacked. However, with PAS all the packages have to get new SPA labels to load the plan for the next day. Unfortunately, that is how PAS works, and to rehandle all those packages, isn't cost effective. At least that's how it was a year ago, when I left UPS.
Maybe that's changed. Hopefully the weather is getting better in Ohio, and things can get back to normal