Deadly 100+ Vehicle Pileup in TX

quad decade guy

For anyone saying UPS truckers drive like idiots also, I’m sorry but for the most part you’re wrong. I probably encounter 25 UPS truckers on the interstate every night from building I don’t work out of. You can just glance over and see the tractor number. I can’t even remember the last time I saw one driving irresponsibly. You can tell who the idiots are. They are the ones where as soon as you pull in front of them, they will be a half mile back and floor it because you got in front of them. The only idiot UPS truckers I ever see are sleeper tractors. 99% of UPS truckers that I have seen in my time in feeders drive right around the speed limit and drive responsibly.
99%. Ok.

By definition...."right around the speed limit" means either way. No?

I would say about 99% of the cars/trucks of any kind blow right through work zones. Most never tap the brakes. And yes this includes

UPS folks. My wife and I were driving near the accident location today.....I asked her if we would see a general slow down....nope. There

are construction zones everywhere around there. Matter of fact: people accelerating to get around people actually following the speed

limit.

99%....that's 1 in a 100 speeding.....really?

quad decade guy

I know, and that’s why I said could have been anyone. Could have been UPS. I’m just telling you I see it every night, FedEx are the biggest A holes on the road And it’s not even close.
Well.....I'd include water haulers(oilfield) and gravel haulers. Oh, and cattle haulers. Let's not forget car haulers. And out west any oilfield white pickup.....oh and the pipeline welders. Oh and any Mustang with loud pipes.

Fed Ex Ground btw. That's most of what I see in the ditch. Sets.

specter208

DFW drivers are insane. 80mph barely keeps up on the highway. And they know * about driving in the rain or cold precip. Slowing down for weather is 70mph.
Those high speed limits seem irresponsible imo. Slower speeds like 55-65mph feel more relaxing and you get better fuel economy too. What do you think brother?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I got 58 out of 130 done today boys!!! Nowhere safe to park for my stuff off the highway, no going down side roads, at least I got my businesses and apartments off. And the flat development at the end. Pickups cancelled. Punched out after 6 with the guarantee. Gonna be a hard, lucrative next week

quad decade guy

Those high speed limits seem irresponsible imo. Slower speeds like 55-65mph feel more relaxing and you get better fuel economy too. What do you think brother?
55mph in a truck in California was mind numbing. Cars flying in and around you going 80 and nobody yielding at highway entrance ramps is stupid and dangerous. California was the absolute worst experience of my driving career. Makes Houston on a Friday afternoon a picnic.