Dealing with summer heat and rashes

M

McLeod

What a humid summer here, therefore what do you use for prevention and cure for summer time jock itch? Just doesn't want to clear up this summer, in the past have used powders to keep dry just not working this year. Thanks for your time!

filthpig

I slather myself in a thick layer of Vaseline and baby oil mixed with noxema before getting dressed. Then I put a good layer of baby powder in my hair. This seems to make me so miserable that I don't notice the rash on my balls.

feeder53

ADKtrails
The best thing to prevent this type of problem is to have good ventilation and use Gold Bond powder. Try not to wear nylon as it harbors bacteria and change clothing often. In Viet Nam we always washed as often as possible....try Wet ones too and this should clear it up..if not I would seek professional help.

kwed95

former pre-load p/t sup
I second the Gold Bond. When I coached it was hot and humid and I used to do Baby Powder til another coach told me about GB. Works better plus that nice cool sensation

Cementups

Box Monkey
I use Johnson's baby powder on a daily basis. if it gets too bad you can use Medicated Gold Bond. I wasn't sure at first about the medicated but it feels ooooooh sooooooo goooooood. Warning do not get any on the head of your penor!! trust me!

satellitedriver

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Air flow, by means of a cheap wovened (sp) 1950 style car cushion or even the "cabbie" wooden beaded seat covers.
A great product is "Penaten-Creme". A little goes a long way.
It is made in Germany and has a higher Zinc content than allowed to be manufactured US.
Zinc kills the bacteria and other ingredients aid in the healing.
It is legal and safe to buy in the US and really works.
It can be found at; www.natures-favor.com .
Hope it helps, diaper rash can ruin a good day.

outta hours

There is a product called Body Glide that will prevent any chafing. It is used by runners and can be found at most running or sporting goods stores. It goes on easily with no powdery mess. It is in a applicator like a stick of deodorant simply rub on any area to prevent chafing or blisters. You can use it under your arms, on your feet. You can also apply it to any "sensitive area" for men or women. Even working 10-12 hrs. a day in the Texas heat I avoid any painful rash by using Body Glide.

outta hours

I forgot if you already have a case of jock itch it needs to be treated with an anti fungal product like Lotrimin Generic Name: Clotrimazole Cream or lamisil Generic name: Terbinafine hydrochloride.

Either of those should clear it up fairly fast.

M

McLeod

Today was the worst heat/humid I've tried lotromin, corn starch, zinc oxides, by afternoon it is the rubbing. I have went through it every summer and always got it cleared up.