Dear Joe Public, I'm the Brown Sheep here at the Cafe. I know that. I wondered though

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
with you lurking, watching as customers or just even curious outsiders.

Will you stand shoulder to shoulder with my grandbabies & family holding picket signs claiming UNFAIR 50-hour work weeks for $117,403 a year?

That's $41.05 x 40hrs x 52 = $85,384
Then the OT rate at
$61.575 at 10hrs x 52 = $32,019

32,019 = $117,403 (actually its a bit more because the Union bargained our vacation paid weeks at 45-hours many years ago, but I don't want to split hairs)

I'm the odd man out here, the ugly duckling so it seems. So, Joe the Plumber when I walk out & shoot the bird to UPS for paying me $118,000 a year. Will you stand & support me good buddy?

:-)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Will you stand shoulder to shoulder with my grandbabies & family holding picket signs claiming UNFAIR 50-hour work weeks for $117,403 a year?

Then the OT rate at

32,019 = $117,403 (actually its a bit more because the Union bargained our vacation paid weeks at 45-hours many years ago, but I don't want to split hairs)

I'm the odd man out here, the ugly duckling so it seems. So, Joe the Plumber when I walk out & shoot the bird to UPS for paying me $118,000 a year. Will you stand & support me good buddy?

no

Then the OT rate at

What about the poor unloader making maybe 10k a year and can't afford transportation.

Then they want to cut him an hour early from his shift.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
What about the poor unloader making maybe 10k a year and can't afford transportation.

Then they want to cut him an hour early from his shift.
He works hard as he/she can to become a driver, feeder department. We all made $10k when we first started.

Can't get all coinage on year one. That's what damaged the NFL. Players getting guaranteed $20-million before playing in one NFL game.

"Gotta earn your whiskers"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He works hard as he/she can to become a driver, feeder department. We all made $10k when we first started.

Can't get all coinage on year one. That's what damaged the NFL. Players getting guaranteed $20-million before playing in one NFL game.

"Gotta earn your whiskers"
Big difference between 15-20k 25 years ago and now....and ups has always been a gogo company even when I started long ago but it has become ridiculous what they want someone who makes 10.50 and no health benefits do....that’s why they have the turnover they have....

Johney

I don't know. Even some of my sips say how do you put up with this crap.
Don't put up with it. My wife makes great money and when she tells her co-workers what we make and don't pay a dime for benefits their mouths hit the floor. We will get very little support from John Q Public if we were to strike. People won't look at the whole picture just the fact of how much we make and get for what we do. You gotta remember most people just think we carry a box to a door and that's it. We all know there's way more to it, but you can't change what most think.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's at the end of this contract(if ratified), so you're worried about striking then?

There will be no public support.
That’s what everyone said in 97.... nobody said there would be support for teachers in Arizona and in the south but there was overwhelming support for them in both areas...

Don't put up with it. My wife makes great money and when she tells her co-workers what we make and don't pay a dime for benefits their mouths hit the floor. We will get very little support from John Q Public if we were to strike. People won't look at the whole picture just the fact of how much we make and get for what we do. You gotta remember most people just think we carry a box to a door and that's it. We all know there's way more to it, but you can't change what most think.
Some people know.