Dear Joe Public, I'm the Brown Sheep here at the Cafe. I know that. I wondered though

Johney

That’s what everyone said in 97.... nobody said there would be support for teachers in Arizona and in the south but there was overwhelming support for them in both areas...
It was different then no way near the same today and teachers don't make $36 an hour and aren't trying to get that.

Johney

That’s what everyone said in 97.... nobody said there would be support for teachers in Arizona and in the south but there was overwhelming support for them in both areas...
It's just my 2 cents, anyways it wouldn't stop me from picketing I really don't care what John Q Public thinks I just doubt there would be overwhelming support that's all.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It was different then no way near the same today and teachers don't make $36 an hour and aren't trying to get that.
Not sure what area you are in but there is a big gap in what teachers make across the nation... teachers here can and do make 100k.... of course that’s not a brand new teacher ....hell.... school bus drivers make 25+ benefits here....

Johney

Not sure what area you are in but there is a big gap in what teachers make across the nation... teachers here can and do make 100k.... of course that’s not a brand new teacher ....hell.... school bus drivers make 25+ benefits here....
Both make crap here.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the company tried that in 97. shouting that the drivers were making 50k which was like 100k now, didnt.
make much of a dent in public support but maybe now it will. how many people with degrees make this much?

the main thing going for drivers is that the public loves the UPS driver. almost like Santa Claus.

the company tried that in 97. shouting that the drivers were making 50k which was like 100k now, didnt.
make much of a dent in public support but maybe now it will. how many people with degrees make this much?

the main thing going for drivers is that the public loves the UPS driver. almost like Santa Claus.
They put out full page ads in the paper saying we was making almost 100k with benefits

But I was there, you was not.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
with you lurking, watching as customers or just even curious outsiders.

Will you stand shoulder to shoulder with my grandbabies & family holding picket signs claiming UNFAIR 50-hour work weeks for $117,403 a year?

That's $41.05 x 40hrs x 52 = $85,384
Then the OT rate at
$61.575 at 10hrs x 52 = $32,019

32,019 = $117,403 (actually its a bit more because the Union bargained our vacation paid weeks at 45-hours many years ago, but I don't want to split hairs)

I'm the odd man out here, the ugly duckling so it seems. So, Joe the Plumber when I walk out & shoot the bird to UPS for paying me $118,000 a year. Will you stand & support me good buddy?

:-)
Subtract that from what the CEO gets and tell us the number.

Our labor also produced how much profit last year?

Show us the money.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you professor Nobody
It's just my 2 cents, anyways it wouldn't stop me from picketing I really don't care what John Q Public thinks I just doubt there would be overwhelming support that's all.
I’m not trying to get in a tit tat with you .... I respect your views on here and like reading your opinions and knowledge...I would hope more people than not would support us...I really doubt it would come to a strike regardless...I do hope if it is not favorable then we send it back at least once to see what can be changed...

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
with you lurking, watching as customers or just even curious outsiders.

Will you stand shoulder to shoulder with my grandbabies & family holding picket signs claiming UNFAIR 50-hour work weeks for $117,403 a year?

That's $41.05 x 40hrs x 52 = $85,384
Then the OT rate at
$61.575 at 10hrs x 52 = $32,019

32,019 = $117,403 (actually its a bit more because the Union bargained our vacation paid weeks at 45-hours many years ago, but I don't want to split hairs)

:-)
Actually the 45 hour vacation would make it a bit less but I don’t want to split hairs. You figured 52 weeks with 10 hrs OT. Vacation is 45 hours straight time.

I’m not trying to get in a tit tat with you .... I respect your views on here and like reading your opinions and knowledge...I would hope more people than not would support us...I really doubt it would come to a strike regardless...I do hope if it is not favorable then we send it back at least once to see what can be changed...
Damn you. I just ordered some velvet paintings and shagg carpet for the strike bunker

Johney

No tit tat at all and thank you for your respect I appreciate it. I too don't think there will be any strike as no one really wants it....neither side. I too think there's a good chance this will not be the best and final offer.