Dear Soberups

NHDRVR

thank you for allowing me the privledge of making this thread on your site without having it deleted.

Just a quick mention about this 'deleting posts' issue of which I am unclear on a few things...

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us here have been on numerous other sites that have either blogs or other forms of posting responses. Other than personal attacks (however tasteful :wink2:) and foul language, wouldn't everyone want to see/read every bit of info. from every angle?

If I agree/disagree with hourly/management on something and post the same WHY would someone delete the thread...

Are we that thin skinned here?

old levi's

blank space
his posts are there for anyone and everyone to read. I let much of it go. I then decided to follow his lead and post a response adopting his exact style here. It was quickly deleted. I posted my objections. Since the site does favor the teamster mindset my posts were quickly deleted and squashed thought the mirrored everything sober has done here.

This thread then made that point.

Someone needs a hug.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just a quick mention about this 'deleting posts' issue of which I am unclear on a few things...

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us here have been on numerous other sites that have either blogs or other forms of posting responses. Other than personal attacks (however tasteful :wink2:) and foul language, wouldn't everyone want to see/read every bit of info. from every angle?

If I agree/disagree with hourly/management on something and post the same WHY would someone delete the thread...

The issue here is not whether Tie has the right to respond to what he feels are constant attacks on management by Sober. He most certainly has the right and should be encouraged (like he needs to be encouraged:happy2:) to do so but it was decision to post a video which showed 2 gay men making out under the title of Teamster Initiation which prompted the decision to have his thread deleted and also prompted a moderator to use the term homophobe to describe both myself and the moderator who agreed with my request to delete not only the video but the thread itself. The video had absolutely no relevance to the discussion IMO and was simply inflammatory in nature. Sober's videos were funny and supported his position in a non-threatening manner. Tie is an intelligent person who does not need videos such as these to support his position. He simply used poor judgement in this particular case. Dave.

NHDRVR

The issue here is not whether Tie has the right to respond to what he feels are constant attacks on management by Sober. He most certainly has the right and should be encouraged (like he needs to be encouraged:happy2:) to do so but it was decision to post a video which showed 2 gay men making out under the title of Teamster Initiation which prompted the decision to have his thread deleted and also prompted a moderator to use the term homophobe to describe both myself and the moderator who agreed with my request to delete not only the video but the thread itself. The video had absolutely no relevance to the discussion IMO and was simply inflammatory in nature. Sober's videos were funny and supported his position in a non-threatening manner. Tie is an intelligent person who does not need videos such as these to support his position. He simply used poor judgement in this particular case. Dave.

Ah.... I was unaware of the content.

tieguy

Banned

In fact Tie's posting of that video was an exact replication of what sober has been doing and no more inflammatory then sobers postings. Maybe an uppercut to a slap but absolutely 100 percent mirror of what sober has done here.

So as such if sobers posts are allowed then mine should have been allowed. Plain and simple.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In fact Tie's posting of that video was an exact replication of what sober has been doing and no more inflammatory then sobers postings. Maybe an uppercut to a slap but absolutely 100 percent mirror of what sober has done here.

So as such if sobers posts are allowed then mine should have been allowed. Plain and simple.

What you keep overlooking is that I also had one deleted. So in that regard, you and I are now even.

The difference is that instead of throwing a tantrum and getting my panties in a knot over it, I chose instead to keep my mouth shut, accept the decision of the moderator, and find something different to post that was not a TOS violation.

You arent a victim and you arent being picked on.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Speak for yourself.:surprised::wink2:

68195019_c671e4726e.jpg

That's some opinion you have there. My take on all of this is that everytime a certain MGMT person "feels" they are being made fun of, they resort to toilet humor which includes lower anatomy names as well as shock video's.

Sober's video was about people in managerial positions, period. What did the video of 2 guys making out have to do with anything? If anything, I would like a little kiss before the union takes my dues. At least I'd be getting something for the money they take. Can you imagine what the video he could have posted would have been like?:knockedout: :surprised:

I will have to side with Tie on this part. If someone,Sober in this case but anyone for that matter, starts a thread that uses something (video,jokes,cartoons,etc) to take jabs at one or more groups than it is within said groups right to retort. While I only saw the "make out" video and have to admit that I didn`t get the punchline of it,it was within the theme of the thread for him to post it and take his return jab. Upstate said the video had no relevance and was unfunny. In the context of the thread of taking potshots it did fit,as far as being funny well maybe Tie could have found something better.

Basically don`t toss up the soft pitch and then complain when someone takes the swing.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I will have to side with Tie on this part. If someone,Sober in this case but anyone for that matter, starts a thread that uses something (video,jokes,cartoons,etc) to take jabs at one or more groups than it is within said groups right to retort. While I only saw the "make out" video and have to admit that I didn`t get the punchline of it,it was within the theme of the thread for him to post it and take his return jab. Upstate said the video had no relevance and was unfunny. In the context of the thread of taking potshots it did fit,as far as being funny well maybe Tie could have found something better.

Basically don`t toss up the soft pitch and then complain when someone takes the swing.
I'll agree with this. I must say though, I do find it "disturbing" that this particular member of MGMT almost always tries to blast someone with something of a sexual nature. There are other forms of humor/disdain, ya know.

tieguy

Banned
What you keep overlooking is that I also had one deleted. So in that regard, you and I are now even.

The difference is that instead of throwing a tantrum and getting my panties in a knot over it, I chose instead to keep my mouth shut, accept the decision of the moderator, and find something different to post that was not a TOS violation.

You arent a victim and you arent being picked on.

You didn't keep you mouth shut and you did not have every post deleted. I thad two threads and multiple posts deleted when I tried to adopt your style in response.

So you clearly were allowed to do what you wanted here while my stuff was deleted.

Now I could be wrong but you don't impress me as the guy that would keep his mouth shut if every thread and every post get deleted or edited.

P

pickup

Boys, BoOYS, BOYS:

Recently ,video documentation of the offenders' actions(soberups and tieguy) has surfaced. Upstate saw something was wrong and dutifully reported it to a moderator(nice hat and whistle , Scratch, is that standard issue for a moderator?)

One to Grow On--Kim Fields

I'll agree with this. I must say though, I do find it "disturbing" that this particular member of MGMT almost always tries to blast someone with something of a sexual nature. There are other forms of humor/disdain, ya know.

As I said I didn`t see the humor in that particular video,But if one had been found that was more funny yet still sexual the fact of the matter is he was within his right to take the return swing.
Tie called it "Teamster Initiation". Here let me help him out-

Squeal Like a Pig
Is this better?

Now on the subject of the homosexual implication of it one could also say that Sobers use of the Animal House video also,by it`s use of men bending tighty whitey wearing men over and inflicting pain upon their buttocks,was homosexual in nature. Is it the homosexuality that caused the uproar? If thats all it takes to "sway" someone then their confidence in their own sexuality is the weak link and the problem. Now I bet if it was two hot chicks,say AJ and Dilli,making out no one would have so much as squeaked.
This is not an attack on Sober,rather I`m just saying they BOTH should have been allowed to post their attempts at humor.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
As I said I didn`t see the humor in that particular video,But if one had been found that was more funny yet still sexual the fact of the matter is he was within his right to take the return swing.
Tie called it "Teamster Initiation". Here let me help him out-

YouTube - Squeal Like a Pig
Is this better?

Now on the subject of the homosexual implication of it one could also say that Sobers use of the Animal House video also,by it`s use of men bending tighty whitey wearing men over and inflicting pain upon their buttocks,was homosexual in nature. Is it the homosexuality that caused the uproar? If thats all it takes to "sway" someone then their confidence in their own sexuality is the weak link and the problem. Now I bet if it was two hot chicks,say AJ and Dilli,making out no one would have so much as squeaked.
This is not an attack on Sober,rather I`m just saying they BOTH should have been allowed to post their attempts at humor.
As for 2 girls making out, nah, I'll pass. I'm not into all that stuff, and personally don't get why it's such a big thing nowadays, though I do agree with the bold highlighted stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, did you go to see this exhibit or did you post pictures that you Googled? I'm curious because my son and I went to see it when it came to Boston and thoroughly enjoyed it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, did you go to see this exhibit or did you post pictures that you Googled? I'm curious because my son and I went to see it when it came to Boston and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Are we still talking about girls making out? C'mon Upstate, I thought I knew you better!:wink2:

Nah, that's a Yahoo'd picture. When it came to Boston, huh? Are you that close to Boston? Do you have a Mass. accent?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nah, that's a Yahoo'd picture. When it came to Boston, huh? Are you that close to Boston? Do you have a Mass. accent?

Boston is about 4 1/2 hours depending upon how many troopers we see along the way. I am from RI originally but lived in Mass for 10 years and had quite the accent which I lost after spending 8 yrs in the military, 4 of them in Texas. I still have family in that area and pick on them for their accent.