Dear Soberups

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Now on the subject of the homosexual implication of it one could also say that Sobers use of the Animal House video also,by it`s use of men bending tighty whitey wearing men over and inflicting pain upon their buttocks,was homosexual in nature. .

No, the implication of the video I posted was to portray the manner in which the management of this company treats one another.

"Animal House" is a movie which lends itself well to satire. There are analogies there which apply to many different situations in life; the in this case the Omega house inititation depicts the controlling, ritualistic, obsessive manner in which IE micromanages and dominates every facet of the operation and the people who work there. This can be compared to the egalitarian, informal and brotherly manner in which the Delta house "initiates" its members, which is a great analogy for the mentality of the Teamsters.

I'm a big fan of "Animal House". It was filmed in my hometown of Eugene, Oregon only a block away from the hospital where I was born. My dad is a U of O (upon whose campus the film was shot) alumni. And the famous scene where the Deltas take their dates to an all-black nightclub was fimled at the Dexter Lake Club which is less than a mile from where I grew up and where I have enjoyed many a fine meal.

No, the implication of the video I posted was to portray the manner in which the management of this company treats one another.

"Animal House" is a movie which lends itself well to satire. There are analogies there which apply to many different situations in life; the in this case the Omega house inititation depicts the controlling, ritualistic, obsessive manner in which IE micromanages and dominates every facet of the operation and the people who work there. This can be compared to the egalitarian, informal and brotherly manner in which the Delta house "initiates" its members, which is a great analogy for the mentality of the Teamsters.

I'm a big fan of "Animal House". It was filmed in my hometown of Eugene, Oregon only a block away from the hospital where I was born. My dad is a U of O (upon whose campus the film was shot) alumni. And the famous scene where the Deltas take their dates to an all-black nightclub was fimled at the Dexter Lake Club which is less than a mile from where I grew up and where I have enjoyed many a fine meal.

I didn`t say by you. I said one,an individual, could look at that and feel threatened by the implication. I recognize it for it`s satire,it`s one of my favorite movies also,and whole heartedly endorse the manor in which you used it. I was pointing out the compliant against Tie`s "make out" video compared to the lack thereof of your video choice. Albeit unfunny the only difference between his choice was the content,homosexual in nature. I don`t think,in the jab against the other guy nature in which it was used,warranted it`s removal. There was not anymore to sexually than what you would find in an after school special,EXCEPT for it was between two young men.

Big Babooba

Boston is about 4 1/2 hours depending upon how many troopers we see along the way. I am from RI originally but lived in Mass for 10 years and had quite the accent which I lost after spending 8 yrs in the military, 4 of them in Texas. I still have family in that area and pick on them for their accent.
My first reaction was what the hell are you flying, but 4 1/2 hours sounds about right. In my younger days, I made it from Springfield to Plattsburgh AFB (approximately 240 miles) in 3 hours. I was flying a '78 Monte Carlo. I even made it through Ballston Spa unscathed. Just remember to change your flashing red lights to blue once you cross into Massachusetts.:happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My first reaction was what the hell are you flying, but 4 1/2 hours sounds about right. In my younger days, I made it from Springfield to Plattsburgh AFB (approximately 240 miles) in 3 hours. I was flying a '78 Monte Carlo. I even made it through Ballston Spa unscathed. Just remember to change your flashing red lights to blue once you cross into Massachusetts.:happy2:

I actually take the ferry to Vermont, follow 89 down to 93 until we reach Boston. Just about 4 1/2 - 5 hours.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Boston is about 4 1/2 hours depending upon how many troopers we see along the way. I am from RI originally but lived in Mass for 10 years and had quite the accent which I lost after spending 8 yrs in the military, 4 of them in Texas. I still have family in that area and pick on them for their accent.
In Texas?

Yes, but have you seen the new version yet?
Gotta love the German's.

Puts a whole new meaning to the word boner.
I gotta tell you cach, you crack me up. Have you ever thought of stand up comedy? I know, I know, you're only funny on the internet.:wink2:

The only thing I know about Oregon is what I've heard about Steve Prefontaine, and what I saw in the movie Kindergarden Cop.

I didn`t say by you. I said one,an individual, could look at that and feel threatened by the implication. I recognize it for it`s satire,it`s one of my favorite movies also,and whole heartedly endorse the manor in which you used it. I was pointing out the compliant against Tie`s "make out" video compared to the lack thereof of your video choice. Albeit unfunny the only difference between his choice was the content,homosexual in nature. I don`t think,in the jab against the other guy nature in which it was used,warranted it`s removal. There was not anymore to sexually than what you would find in an after school special,EXCEPT for it was between two young men.
You mean young boys.

In Texas?

Gotta love the German's.

I gotta tell you cach, you crack me up. Have you ever thought of stand up comedy? I know, I know, you're only funny on the internet.:wink2:

The only thing I know about Oregon is what I've heard about Steve Prefontaine, and what I saw in the movie Kindergarden Cop.

You mean young boys.

They were in their teens = young men.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I attended Marshfield High school in Coos Bay where Steve Prefontaine went. My dad and I lived a few blocks from his parents home. Pre's sister used to babysit me when I was a wee lad. I remember attending the memorial service after he died in 1975, I was about 8 yrs old. His eulogy was read by Kenny Moore who was a reporter for Sports Illustrated for many years.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I attended Marshfield High school in Coos Bay where Steve Prefontaine went. My dad and I lived a few blocks from his parents home. Pre's sister used to babysit me when I was a wee lad. I remember attending the memorial service after he died in 1975, I was about 8 yrs old. His eulogy was read by Kenny Moore who was a reporter for Sports Illustrated for many years.
Wow sober, you've seen a lot of stuff. I didn't know you were younger than me.:surprised:

That's a huge pet peeve of mine. The newspaper always says stuff like, "Man killed on city street", when in reality the "man" was 17 years old.

My father was in the Pacific fighting the Japanese Kamikaze attacks from the gunnery post on his ship at the age of 17. I consider him to be a man at that age especially for doing something I wouldn`t run out to sign up for. My father in law lied about his age to join the Navy at 16 and rose to the rank of Captain during his career. My mother in law joined at the age of 18 and also rose to be a Captain. Age is just a number,those were young men.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My father was in the Pacific fighting the Japanese Kamikaze attacks from the gunnery post on his ship at the age of 17. I consider him to be a man at that age especially for doing something I wouldn`t run out to sign up for. My father in law lied about his age to join the Navy at 16 and rose to the rank of Captain during his career. My mother in law joined at the age of 18 and also rose to be a Captain. Age is just a number,those were young men.
Wow, my Dad was in the war as well as a Gunner's Mate. He saw a lot of action. Interesting the things you learn when you nitpick someone's posts.:wink2:

satellitedriver

Just a quick mention about this 'deleting posts' issue of which I am unclear on a few things...

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us here have been on numerous other sites that have either blogs or other forms of posting responses. Other than personal attacks (however tasteful :wink2:) and foul language, wouldn't everyone want to see/read every bit of info. from every angle?

If I agree/disagree with hourly/management on something and post the same WHY would someone delete the thread...

Are we that thin skinned here?

Posts in BC are not deleted to stifle debate, nor, to control opinion.
Most deletion occurs for several simple reasons;
personal attack
foul language
off topic flames.
Trust me, the mods here are not thin skinned.
Hard core--yes--, but, very forgiving on the whole.