Debates

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Fred might want to stop traveling for a little bit. The members in his local from ups have been picketing his local and specifically calling him out for not doing his job. Not good when he is running for National office.
"This" is about market rate adjustments (MRA's) that were put into place at Worldport and many other areas across the country, to try and become competitive in the part time job market and is not exclusive to Local 89.

Seniority employees are upset (and rightfully so) to see new hires brought in at a rate of pay that took them years to realize in annual raises.

Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest it is reported that new hire hub workers are now being paid in excess of $27/hr to start.

Reality is though, at any time, UPS can declare the market changed and go back to contractual scale.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
"This" is about market rate adjustments (MRA's) that were put into place at Worldport and many other areas across the country, to try and become competitive in the part time job market and is not exclusive to Local 89.

Seniority employees are upset (and rightfully so) to see new hires brought in at a rate of pay that took them years to realize in annual raises.

Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest it is reported that new hire hub workers are now being paid in excess of $27/hr to start.

Reality is though, at any time, UPS can declare the market changed and go back to contractual scale.
In LA we are still on the contractual scale

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Are these senior employees making the same or more than the new hires?

If the L89 membership would of voted in mass in the 2016 election and the 2018 contract for better wage increases and a decent starting rate they would have the right to complain and picket. It is just sour apples 🍎 now and those who are complaining better show up in this next election and the 2023 contract.

I do not see anything over the horizon as far as the company reducing (MRA’s), inflation is running amok with the Dems in control. This pandemic and it’s aftermath will still be controlling our economy. Every corporation in America is suffering to find bodies to fill their projected job openings, the working conditions that are happening at UPS will probably not change in 2023.

This peak will tell the story, capping Amazon volume again will not prevent a disaster, again pray for good weather in your area.

cachmeifucan

Fred might want to stop traveling for a little bit. The members in his local from ups have been picketing his local and specifically calling him out for not doing his job. Not good when he is running for National office.
I thought this was a lie. Liars haters and karen u are jlandry

cachmeifucan

Are these senior employees making the same or more than the new hires?

If the L89 membership would of voted in mass in the 2016 election and the 2018 contract for better wage increases and a decent starting rate they would have the right to complain and picket. It is just sour apples 🍎 now and those who are complaining better show up in this next election and the 2023 contract.

I do not see anything over the horizon as far as the company reducing (MRA’s), inflation is running amok with the Dems in control. This pandemic and it’s aftermath will still be controlling our economy. Every corporation in America is suffering to find bodies to fill their projected job openings, the working conditions that are happening at UPS will probably not change in 2023.

This peak will tell the story, capping Amazon volume again will not prevent a disaster, again pray for good weather in your area.
MRA will be reevaluated soon out here in suburbs of Chicago so we shall see. Since they got the raise and inflation ate up my raise mainly go to work to socialize. My hard working days are behind me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Shouldn’t they be happy for them? Isn’t that the point of a Union? Equality…

I know a big selling point for years of unions was everyone had the same rate of pay after 30 days.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Shouldn’t they be happy for them? Isn’t that the point of a Union? Equality…

I know a big selling point for years of unions was everyone had the same rate of pay after 30 days.
The laborer is worthy of his wage. It doesn’t matter when you started. They get the higher wage now, you accepted that rate and have been getting fairly paid all this time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The laborer is worthy of his wage. It doesn’t matter when you started. They get the higher wage now, you accepted that rate and have been getting fairly paid all this time.
I would much rather see a pt “full scale” and progression though over what the current system is.