Dedicated driver question

raceanoncr

I see UPS Freight sleeper tractors on the interstate all the time. I saw one yesterday that was painted a solid blue. I also finally saw a UPS Freight tractor that was painted with the new UPSF paint job and was pulling a UPSF trailer.

UPSF has lots o sleeper tractors, whether teams or single driver using em on road. All tractors painted blue and gray are still the old logo scheme, ain't got around to changin em yet. Some are new with new paint, some are old with new paint.

Also have some city tractors with old paint. They are getting some new tractors with new logo paint and are rebranding some of the older ones also.

All UPS parcel sleeper tractors are white with, maybe UPS brand on doors or just UPS in block letters at bottom of doors.

All UPS parcel feeder tractors are SUPPOSED to be brown but are now mostly dirt and stripped paint!

It is ups freight, a dedicated route, so is that good? anyone in here on ups freight right now? would like to know a little more about it. Thanks for all the feedback:thumbup1:

trickpony1

It is ups freight, a dedicated route, so is that good? anyone in here on ups freight right now? would like to know a little more about it. Thanks for all the feedback:thumbup1:

Only you can answer that question.

You might ask these questions:
How many days will I be out on the road?
Do I make a "meet" with another driver in another state and then return to my origin domicile?
Is it team or single?
Do I stop by customer locations on the way out/in to make pick-up/delivery?
IS THIS SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT? This is a big question becasue they may not tell you unless you ask. If it is seasonal you may be laid off for several months until the volume picks up again.
When will I gain seniority? (to assure consistent fulltime employment).

My knowledge of UPSF is limited but I do see alot of UPSF rigs with sleepers pulling double trailers during my travels.

I would jump at the chance. The worst that could happen is you don't like it and quit.