Delaying the vote

Time for change

The IBT and company both understand there is zero chance of this passing without rigging the vote so they are going to continue to delay the vote to temper the anger. My anger is building the more I learn, I hope everyone stays vigilant and outspoken about this horrible contract in this booming economy. Can we demand a vote or strike? Seems like they could keep kicking the can down the road and hold out on the vote until the economy slows and member anger subsides.

Future

Victory Ride
The IBT and company both understand there is zero chance of this passing without rigging the vote so they are going to continue to delay the vote to temper the anger. My anger is building the more I learn, I hope everyone stays vigilant and outspoken about this horrible contract in this booming economy. Can we demand a vote or strike? Seems like they could keep kicking the can down the road and hold out on the vote until the economy slows and member anger subsides.
I was thinking about this ... it’s such a blatant no from members ....there has 2 be a reason what the real goal is ...really shady situation ...

Future

Victory Ride
I just wonder ... how much Teamster money was spent on these asshats 2 deliver this joke of a proposal ....smh ....and how much more will be spent on making it right

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This thing can continue for month or even years..Look at what the pilots went through and the UPS air mechanics are still without a contract. The national contract is far more a bigger deal just because of the size of the membership (250,000) and both parties really do not want this thing to drag on just from the publicity viewpoint. They both want to get it out to the public and wall street that it is settled and done for for at least the next 5 years.

We all have to be patient on this one and please do not fall for that retro bonus scam like last time. Everybody is so concerned about these 5,000 newly created 22.4s and neglecting the substandard GWI and Pension and Health and Welfare increases. The General Wage Increase of 70 cent the first year will slowly be eaten up by inflation an cost of living, how much of that raise is going to be eaten up by 4 dollars a gallon at the gas pumps, your co pays for insurance and general increases for services, housing and food. The 2.5 increase in the GWI will not cover the inflation rate, you gained nothing for the next 5 years.

This contract is about cutting overtime, so no matter how they cut it you might be worst off at the end of this contract than at the beginning. A lot can happen in five years. The starting rate of 13 and the projected rate of 15 at 2022 for part timers will not help the turnover ratio, the elimination of the dollar more an hour for skilled positions might mean that all those part time positions will be stuck in the load and unload. Those jobs are meant to be temporary, the physical and work standards demands of those jobs will take their intended result and workplace of basically temps who will not get vested in any pension (5 years) and being paid at a minimum wage level if not below in 2022.

Moneythehardway

It's so shady it's ridiculous how our so called union leaders and the ones supposed to be representing US in the contract is seemingly staying away from us, Why not come out and have a open discussion seminar or hell live stream on youtube where the members and The IBT leaders Denis T and Hoffa can have a open discussion about what we like and dislike about this proposal and what can be done to fix it if they gave a damn? Instead they are hiding, blocking comments on their webpages, sending out propaganda making this contract out to be the best thing since sliced bread all while ignoring us and ignoring the fact that the majority of us don't like nor want this proposal.

Hell really, what did they negotiate in our behalves that UPS wasn't going to do anyway? What matters did they stand up for us on? This contract looks almost written by UPS themselves. If this was a UPS proposal I or the members I don't think would be surprised or upset but the fact that our union leadership allowed all these givebacks and concessions and handed this crap over to the members to vote on is putrid

BrownRecycler

That's why I am not comfortable because lot of seniority are operating on UPS pay grade, and we are trying to marry it into the union contract? It is going to break some hearts. Honestly, it would make me looks bad as a Steward because how can I says I represent the worker if I agree to such term.

Inthegame

That's why I am not comfortable because lot of seniority are operating on UPS pay grade, and we are trying to marry it into the union contract? It is going to break some hearts. Honestly, it would make me looks bad as a Steward because how can I says I represent the worker if I agree to such term.
Any chance you could repeat that in English?

Time for change

Yea but those awesome COLA raises for inflation. IBT idiots....I’ve gotten like 12 cents in 14 years and what has inflation been in that time? Can we look at starting rate in 1986 and 2006 for part time, no inflation in that time? Existing part timers so screwed if there is no catch up raise and only a big bump for new hires and those that have yet to work a single hour. If you look at starting rate vs inflation from the 80’s until 2023 you’ll know who at UPS is getting screwed and it’s existing part timers. If you SPA and they automate you will never regain the dollar an hour if you’re forced to go load again. So two 15 year people with same seniority date, doing same job could be paid different. The union couldn’t even get THEIR proposal for a dollar an hour for designated responders. So that 15 year spa/designated responder who works with hazardous materials is still less skilled or payed less than a loader. Total garbage from the IBT swallowing that crap from the company.