Deleted

outta hours

I don't think they were too worried or the phone call would not have been so pleasant. While nothing happened it could have gotten out of control. And it is borderline Identity theft.

Gimme a break. I am sure there is more than one Mike Eskew in the world. Hardly constitutes Identity theft. That only happens to us drivers who personal information is on a laptop lost or stolen by Liberty Mutual.

S

Stock Stuck In The 70s

I hate to say it, but I think some of my co-workers might actually be fooled into thinking that it was him.

diadlover

I thought the "Michael" and "Mikes mom" posts were great!

(Sorry for my part in that...)

You did the right thing, Cheryl.
Ditto. Sorry you were almost went to prison cuz of Mike and his Mom, Cheryl. I would have felt bad for like 2 or 3 minutes. Then I just would have laughed and moved on.

Ms Spoken

I wonder how much it cost UPS for the Lawyer to make that phone call? Why didn't one of "Mike's" assistant (putting it nicely) make the call for free?

A

A NER Bigwig

still smile when I think about that "Coffin Doger" remark...crackin me up.

I have been with too many folks that actually have already left the driveway by the time the words come out of her mouth asking for help.

HazMatMan

8-Taking money from our paychecks for the united way and in Newsday the United way thanks Bruce Trot&^&$% from UPS for his 300,000 donation?

That United Way money coming from your check must have been you giving them permission when you filled out that card with your amount and signature on it... You do not have to give to the United Way!! No matter how much "pressure" they put on you... The rest I agree with you..

dutchups

Has been funny to see this M E thing grow and fade away!!

UPS is an "intreging" (sorry for my english) institute.(phenonema was the right word, but the spelling `s a problem lets stick to institute..) :-)

tieguy

Banned
I hate to say it, but I think some of my co-workers might actually be fooled into thinking that it was him.

I'm sure there are visitors here who think this site is sponsered by UPS when they first come here. In that context they could think Mike is actually posting here until they come across some of the material that is obviously not Mike.

A

Anon

I wonder how much it cost UPS for the Lawyer to make that phone call? Why didn't one of "Mike's" assistant (putting it nicely) make the call for free?
Who knows if it really was a UPS attorney. I mean Cheryl said that they told her they were, but were they???? Although they most likely were I'd bet his pic in the avatar is what got the wheels turning.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Who knows if it really was a UPS attorney. I mean Cheryl said that they told her they were, but were they????
The first thing that came to mind when I answered that call is that it was a joke. I changed my mind after I had talked with her for a couple of minutes. She was too knowledgable and well prepared to be a prankster. After we hung up I checked the phone number she called from, it was a big time law firm. The name she gave me was included in the lawyer biographies on their web site. She was listed as specializing in trademark infringement, dilution, cybersquatting and copyright infringement...

The thing that really convinced me she was a real lawyer is that she had actually reviewed the Brown Cafe terms of service and was quoting the applicable sections. Anyone willing to do something that incredibly boring must have been getting paid...

Although they most likely were I'd bet his pic in the avatar is what got the wheels turning.
The thing that I thought was funny about that was that while the avatar was of M. E. the pic on the profile was of Hoffa :)

Hawk780

No One in Particular
The first thing that came to mind when I answered that call is that it was a joke. I changed my mind after I had talked with her for a couple of minutes. She was too knowledgable and well prepared to be a prankster. After we hung up I checked the phone number she called from, it was a big time law firm. The name she gave me was included in the lawyer biographies on their web site. She was listed as specializing in trademark infringement, dilution, cybersquatting and copyright infringement...

The thing that really convinced me she was a real lawyer is that she had actually reviewed the Brown Cafe terms of service and was quoting the applicable sections. Anyone willing to do something that incredibly boring must have been getting paid...

The thing that I thought was funny about that was that while the avatar was of M. E. the pic on the profile was of Hoffa :)

THAT is hilarious...I missed that!:lol:

sendagain

And I didn't think they came here.....silly me.

Every once in awhile, some pretty good ideas get bounced around in here. The fact that none of them seem to get implemented shows that little attention is given to the small guys who are outside the loop.