Delivering against flow of traffic?

It will be fine

That's a problem you don't scan next package until you are at the next stop, you are wasting time. Also now FEG might be different, but at Express, GPS coordinates are recorded at scan time. You are supposed to SCAN and RELEASE(or get Sig) at the delivery location. Otherwise it can look like falsification(Scanning a package at 100Main street, then 5 minutes later releasing it at 500main street, could raise questions around here.)

But mostly you are wasting time going into the back the truck an extra time.
If you don't know your next stop you should be looking at your next few when picking your current package(assuming they are in order on the shelf)
He right in scanning the next stop before driving there. If he's Ground and working off the manifest there's a likelihood the package scanned to his truck is loaded on a different one. It's best to find the box before you drive to a stop and can't find it. The scan time will show when he actually releases it at the delivery point.
Nextlife, go ahead and leave the bulkhead open at res. Avoid the repetitive stress. These guys are all full of it.

dezguy

Never been to that. Been to the 500 and the Supercross but not any other car races at Daytona. Its the same at NHRA races. Some fans get so tore up they never make it to the race.
It's a blast, although, the two times I have gone, I've never made it through the full race and usually retire to my hotel by 3am to be back at the track for 8. That Corvette engine note....

I have never understood some of the people camping there, though. Pay all that money to get into the race and then get so :censored2: faced, you don't even see it. I'm all for having some pops while watching race cars go around in circles but I've never understood getting so drunk, you're falling all over the place and miss half the race and then the other half the race passed out somewhere.

Star B

White Lightening
Nextlife, go ahead and leave the bulkhead open at res. Avoid the repetitive stress. These guys are all full of it.

my bulkhead-eqitte is as follows:
Sprinter:

Out of view of the truck for any time... closed.
In an busy resi area.... closed.
in a suburban area where its 45 seconds from slide-door open to slide-door shut... it stays open until I'm back in the seat.

If I'm in a Reach/700, open and shut every time. gives that stupid POS of a keyless ignition the time it needs to figure out the door is shut. Plus, opening up the bulkhead with the keyless is nice. If I wish the sprinter had something like that. (the bulkhead, not the starter)

Part of it is just getting into the habit of it. It's like the drivers i've seen that don't turn the truck off at a stop.

JUST TURN THE STUPID THING OFF!!!!! Once you get in the habit of doing it... it becomes second nature and you won't even notice it.

It will be fine

my bulkhead-eqitte is as follows:
Sprinter:

Out of view of the truck for any time... closed.
In an busy resi area.... closed.
in a suburban area where its 45 seconds from slide-door open to slide-door shut... it stays open until I'm back in the seat.

If I'm in a Reach/700, open and shut every time. gives that stupid POS of a keyless ignition the time it needs to figure out the door is shut. Plus, opening up the bulkhead with the keyless is nice. If I wish the sprinter had something like that. (the bulkhead, not the starter)

Part of it is just getting into the habit of it. It's like the drivers i've seen that don't turn the truck off at a stop.

JUST TURN THE STUPID THING OFF!!!!! Once you get in the habit of doing it... it becomes second nature and you won't even notice it.
His best pattern would be to release the box he's at, find and scan the next one, then leave the cargo area closing the bulkhead and run the box up to the house. Doesn't always work with sigs and whatnot, but that's the least work and it keeps the next address in the scanner.
I've started hassling my guys on turning the trucks off. My GPS tracks it. I've had guys drop 5 hours of idling off their days. It's a big difference.

Star B

White Lightening
As long as you van scanned it, and as long as it doesn't come as a zero, which is what non-routed packages print as on the SIP scan.
I know that's how it works in the Express world.... but is it the same in the ground world? It doesn't sound like it from IWBFs description.

BoxDriver

Ground drivers do not load their trucks, or at least that's the way it's supposed to be. Package handlers pull packages off the belt, scan them to the truck, then put it in truck where the vision sticker tells them too. Problem is handlers load multiple trucks and frequently scan packages to the wrong truck, or scan it to the correct truck then put it in a different truck.

Oldfart

Ground drivers do not load their trucks, or at least that's the way it's supposed to be. Package handlers pull packages off the belt, scan them to the truck, then put it in truck where the vision sticker tells them too. Problem is handlers load multiple trucks and frequently scan packages to the wrong truck, or scan it to the correct truck then put it in a different truck.
Heck I load my own truck and I am guilty of all of those at 1 time or another.