Delivering in new york city

klein

Für Meno :)
I have Type 2 diabetes....both type 1 and type 2 are not helped by alcohol. I've basically given up sugar as totally as possible to avoid taking insulin. I take 3 kinds of pills for it and I haven't had ice cream in a year....sucks!!

They do have sugar free ice cream. Lucerne (safeway/vons has it) , and another brand called skinny cow , look in your grocery store (skinny cow is owned by nestle).

The good thing about the sugar-free, (aspartame), lucerne ice cream, it's the same price as the regular kind.
Skinny Cow is expensive !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anything marked sugar-free may say 0 grams of sugar, but check under sugar alcohol.....still a no-no for diabetics. That's where people get fooled. They see sugar-free cookies and eat the whole box.....big mistake....cant' do it !!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.jpg
98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If he has type 1 diabetes, diet and exercise won't do jack for him.

I have that very same disease and am hesitant to tell people for fear of being judged that I have it due to lifestyle choices. Nothing could be further from the truth. After all, I am 6' tall, 160 lbs, not an ounce of fat on me, and I work for UPS. It has been proven exhaustedly that insulin is the only option for people with diabetes 1. If I could change my lifestyle to get rid of my diabetes, I sure would. But how? I already eat healthy, exercise plenty, and don't drink alcohol...
Thanks for the knowledge, blue, you've made me wiser.

I have Type 2 diabetes....both type 1 and type 2 are not helped by alcohol. I've basically given up sugar as totally as possible to avoid taking insulin. I take 3 kinds of pills for it and I haven't had ice cream in a year....sucks!!
I'm with you more, I haven't had ice cream in 2 years and I haven't touched the hooch in over 10 years.

How does a thread about Delivering in NYC become a discussion about diabetes?
When Klein enters the discussion.

MSGTDEL

In respect to overnight parking, I do remember seeing UPS package cars parked along the side of street at nignt during the opening credits of the movie,"QandA", that came out in the eighties. The opening scene was in NYC after midnight when the ADA was on his way to a crime scene.

MSGTDEL

Who was around before the diad? Remember the furcall section on the paper time cards we had? In Oklahoma city we had no need to feel them out. (1981). What was a fur call anyway?

over9five

Staff member
A fur call was an empty box addressed to a customer. You would show up, and she would put her fur coat in it. There was tape provided so you could secure the box. You put the box back in your PC and it would be delivered somewhere to be stored safely for the summer.

It was basicly a call tag attached to an empty box.

Big Babooba

A fur call was an empty box addressed to a customer. You would show up, and she would put her fur coat in it. There was tape provided so you could secure the box. You put the box back in your PC and it would be delivered somewhere to be stored safely for the summer.

UPS should bring back the Fur Call. They are missing an opportunity to enhance their bottom line. When it's summer north of the Equator, it's winter south of it. We can pick up these furs in the summer and rent them out to those in the Southern Hemisphere.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
UPS should bring back the Fur Call. They are missing an opportunity to enhance their bottom line. When it's summer north of the Equator, it's winter south of it. We can pick up these furs in the summer and rent them out to those in the Southern Hemisphere.
Ala Seinfeld bringing his mother's fur coat to the cleaners?

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
My son lives in San Mateo, he was telling me SF is a mess because of narrow streets. All kinds of trucks just have to block streets. He says that many buildings have big cages for drivers to put packages in outside the buildings.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Who was around before the diad? Remember the furcall section on the paper time cards we had? In Oklahoma city we had no need to feel them out. (1981). What was a fur call anyway?

I always wondered about that, I was told it was something to do with big department, high end stores.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

ij fox 8 winter st boston ma Ring a bell ??? I hated fur calls..the old ladies thought we worked for IJ FOX & would remind me to ''let them know a button was loose'' lol lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We have a large shopping mall in downtown Boston during peak,I have driven into the building at 630 am & dropped a pup there for the day. The thing is 100% full & the regular driver takes in a 24 footer & cleans them both. It is very tight & you gottah blindside the pup into a dock inside the building. You should also see how the drivers do Beacon Hill in Boston.The streets were made in 1700's no room to move at all.

UPSGUY72

I would assume that UPS uses a trailer that unloads at the loading docks of those buildings, and they have several walkers unloading and delivering the packages.

That's how it's done at the West Edmonton Mall (once the largest shopping mall in the world, until China built 1 larger).
It's larger then Mall of America, too.

The mall in china might be the largest in size however it practically empty they call is a ghost mall. It can hold more than 2000 stores however there are less then 50 open.

klein

Für Meno :)
The mall in china might be the largest in size however it practically empty they call is a ghost mall. It can hold more than 2000 stores however there are less then 50 open.

I know, I seen a report on that, actually. China actually built 2 larger malls in the meantime that took away Edmonton as being the worlds largest.
I wouldn't call them ghost malls. The chinese do go there, but they don't spend any money.
I could be wrong, but I think moneywise (revenue wise) Edmonton is still the largest.

Gee, 2 more malls have been built somewhere, larger.... just did a search. Oh well. No big deal .
Here are some facts from wiki :

West Edmonton Mall (WEM), located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, is the largest shopping mall in North America and the fifth largest in the world, founded by the Ghermezian brothers who emigrated from Iran in 1959. It was the world's largest mall for a 23 year period from 1981 until 2004.
West Edmonton Mall covers a gross area of about 570,000 m2 (well over 6 million sq ft). There are over 800 stores and services and parking for more than 20,000 vehicles. More than 23,000 people are employed at the property. The mall receives 28.2 million visitors per year and between 60,000 and 150,000 shoppers daily depending on the day and season.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We have a large shopping mall in downtown Boston during peak,I have driven into the building at 630 am & dropped a pup there for the day. The thing is 100% full & the regular driver takes in a 24 footer & cleans them both. It is very tight & you gottah blindside the pup into a dock inside the building.

I remember helping out at the Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth, NJ once. A pup and three 24' vans packed full of crap. I left there that night at 8:30 and they still had a van and a half to go.