Demonstrated Performance

tourists24

Way back when I was on the preload, we had a driver fired, but it was for 'inability to work without supervision.'

During a week of ride-a-longs, the driver scratched every day. No super and the driver was 1.5-2 hours over-allowed.

The last month of employ, the driver probably had ride-a-longs half of the last month. Scratch with a supe, over without. He was fired and it stuck.
That is possible,,, but rare.... Ive been around over 23 years and have seen it stick ONE time in all that time.... I like the odds. Especially when they change the dispatch around everyday. Even if they have a beef it would never stick because its not apples to apples.... CAFAL; good for you if it works,,, I have a feeling you arent an old timer. Give it a couple of decades and see if you still perform that fast

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No disrespect to you. I can honestly say it is attainable. My route is an X route. It's forty percent different each day. Where I start is always changing. Cover this pick up,do this bulk stop,take this air,run off this ml,take stops from this driver and so on. I consistently get the crap nobody wants. I consistently make my numbers with daily changing plans. It's all about planning and attitude. Imo of course
No disrespect taken, its math. Thats all it is. 79 miles on lock in, 90 now. 100 piece difference on the lock in than now,( thanks to my sales lead, I didnt get paid for) Sometimes it can be attained, but not always.

JonFrum

Has anyone received a verbal warning, written warning or suspension for not maintaining demonstrated performance? I understand the union adheres to the contract "a fair days work for a fair days pay" but that has not stopped the company from handing out warning letters in our center. If you have; when?:sick:
ARTICLE 6
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements

"Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee's file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity."

"In addition, an employee's refusal to sign a Company form relating to the principle of a fair day's work shall not be used for disciplinary purposes unless the signing is required by law or by this Agreement."

- - - -
NOTE: The boldface sentence does not appear in the Contract, but, as far as I know, it is part of the Contract. The sentence was inadvertently omitted from the 2002 printed Contract, and a corrective insert was later issued. Then the omission was carried over to the 2008 Contract!!!

W

want to retire

As I said in an earlier thread, this harassment is going on in Feeders right now. As of yet, I haven't filed a Article 37 grievance, but I've documented every single instance of harassment. As someone above said, they will make your life miserable if you let them. I get called into the office about 3 or 4 times a week to discuss my "performance". I make it my mission in life to speak to them in a completely neutral tone of voice, and no get angry, because I know for a fact they are trying to get you mad/angry. Maybe you will blow your top, and curse them out, or maybe worse. Then they don't need to bug you about your times. Then they can fire you for alleged work place violence, whether that is verbal or physical.

I simply play as dumb as I possibly can, and tell them that I'm doing the best job that I can. But I'm not going any faster than I am now. It is a lesson that they are very slow to confront.

Whatever you do, don't lose your routine, resist the urge to cut corners, to speed up or lose your cool. If you show them that you follow their methods, work safe and stay consistent, they will eventually lose interest if you keep doing what you're doing. If you cut corners or speed up, they will see that their intimidation pays dividends. Don't give them the satisfaction.

A binder with our "performance" was left on the dispatch counter. The sign said-"performance(something like that ) must come down to scratch". Also no explanation on how to interpret the figures/data. That's it. Leave/departure times are the flavor of the month here. Can't do a whole lot about them except be as efficient as possible. Can't really do anything about them when twilight holds you for an extra 30 minutes. Yet, you're shown "over-allowed". Traffic, construction, breakdowns, dispatch folks late, asleep, broken dispatch phones....lot's of factors.

BTW-maybe those exhaustive pre-trip/pmi like times are making you a target........?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was told by the dispatcher I had to give an 'excuse' as to why I was over. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The next morning it was decided I didn't have to do that anymore. :winks:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ARTICLE 6
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements

"In addition, an employee's refusal to sign a Company form relating to the principle of a fair day's work shall not be used for disciplinary purposes unless the signing is required by law or by this Agreement."

- - - -
NOTE: The boldface sentence does not appear in the Contract, but, as far as I know, it is part of the Contract. The sentence was inadvertently omitted from the 2002 printed Contract, and a corrective insert was later issued. Then the omission was carried over to the 2008 Contract!!!

Kind of looks like this....

16iemc.jpg

I give credit.... where credit is due.

-Bug-

packageguy

Has anyone received a verbal warning, written warning or suspension for not maintaining demonstrated performance? I understand the union adheres to the contract "a fair days work for a fair days pay" but that has not stopped the company from handing out warning letters in our center. If you have; when?:sick:

our center, we have 2 drivers they got a ojs they average there 3 day ride. then they hold you to your demostrated level of production, if you don't mainatain it's a warning letter. then they put a supervisor with you again if you don't maintain they get you for can not work unsupervised. They start the process. I BEEN FIGHTING WITH THEM. Putting in rebuttal letters for drivers, harrassment. Everyday different splits on truck.

They take out routes and put commercial on these guy with double picks ups. Bottom line there putting on all this work to see you can do it. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
our center, we have 2 drivers they got a ojs they average there 3 day ride. then they hold you to your demostrated level of production, if you don't mainatain it's a warning letter. then they put a supervisor with you again if you don't maintain they get you for can not work unsupervised. They start the process. I BEEN FIGHTING WITH THEM. Putting in rebuttal letters for drivers, harrassment. Everyday different splits on truck.

when that type of crap is pulled here,we immediately file on the Warning Letter for not maintaining this imaginary level of production. We have never had this type of warning letter stand when grieved. It does have to make it to the panel on occasion before it is dropped,but it is always dropped.
We use the EDD printouts to show the daily changes in the routes,as well as Telematics Records to show the driver has demonstrated he is working safely and by the methods.

In 28 years i have NEVER seen anyone fired for being over allowed,but i HAVE seen some chumps fired for taking shortcuts to make the numbers

packageguy

Yes, i've been in office, with drivers did the same thing printed daily records as well as telamatics. I think company trying to send them a message. so far it's still on center manager desk. will keep you guys posted if something happens .

outta hours

With the click of a mouse they can enable every driver to magically run under-allowed. Same mouse click can make you be over-allowed. Its monopoly money, its not real. The formula as well as the input values change daily. If it were not how can you be under and not meet your SPORH?That is why your pay is based on fact. When you clock in until when you clock out. Engaging in over/under discussions only attempts to give merit to a fantasy. So don't do it.

packageguy

With the click of a mouse they can enable every driver to magically run under-allowed. Same mouse click can make you be over-allowed. Its monopoly money, its not real. The formula as well as the input values change daily. If it were not how can you be under and not meet your SPORH?That is why your pay is based on fact. When you clock in until when you clock out. Engaging in over/under discussions only attempts to give merit to a fantasy. So don't do it.

I don't do anything, I do my job, what number come up come up. Some days good some days bad. IT IS WHAT IT IS ...................