Denied WC claim

Are you having a doctors testify in your behalf at your hearing? I have heard that is the only chance I have at winning.
From what I understand my lawyer will have the UPS Dr and my Dr that actually did my surgery fill out the proper paperwork for my hearing, we just haven't gotten to that point yet, my hearing is yet months away.

Cyclops

From what I understand my lawyer will have the UPS Dr and my Dr that actually did my surgery fill out the proper paperwork for my hearing, we just haven't gotten to that point yet, my hearing is yet months away.
Why did you have your own doctor do the surgery rather than the UPS doctor? Are you back to work yet? Same job? Any issues with your knee?

Why did you have your own doctor do the surgery rather than the UPS doctor? Are you back to work yet? Same job? Any issues with your knee?
Completely denied any type of benefits including medical, so I had to go out on my own find a Dr and do the surgery with my own insurance to get better otherwise id still be waiting on them after half a year. And no I haven't gone back to work yet hoping to get there soon, still doing a lot of physical therapy but it's getting better.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Completely denied any type of benefits including medical, so I had to go out on my own find a Dr and do the surgery with my own insurance to get better otherwise id still be waiting on them after half a year. And no I haven't gone back to work yet hoping to get there soon, still doing a lot of physical therapy but it's getting better.
what surgery did you have??

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

According to them it was a sprain and yes I did give them the exact time and place it happened.
This is one of the horror stories you here about. Having been on workers comp 5 times without a problem I feel lucky. And feel very bad for you having to go through all of that .

Cyclops

So you went out on short term disability? Since you've been out for so long, did you have to switch to long term disability?

Cyclops

So I'm starting to think based on the hours of conversation I've had and reading I've done about this that no doctor will be willing to testify on my behalf and that no lawyer will take my case.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Lots of conflicting information from lawyers. Some have said that they will not represent me because my injury is due to repetative motion, which workers comp in my state does not cover. Others have lots of detail on their websites about how they specifically represent repetative motion injuries.
The work comp laws in your state suck if they don't cover repetitive motion injuries. I would guess 10-15% of the drivers in my center have had carpal tunnel surgery covered by Liberty Mutual.

walk it off

I hurt my knee at work doing routine movements. Did accident report, went to WC doctor. He ordered surgery. I talked to LM adjuster who denied my claim bc he said no accident occurred to cause the injury, but that the injury occurred while I was just doing routine movements associated with my job.
From what I have read, my injury falls under a repetitive movement injury and should still be covered by WC. Has anyone had success with WC claims for repetitive movement injuries or with challenging denied WC claims?
Time to find a workman's comp attorney and file a suit against LM. And do not talk to anybody about your unless it' your attorney. Does not have to be a accident for a injury to occur. They are liable and let your attorney earn his 10% from the settlement. Hope this is your first claim. They are good at stalling treatment for injury prone employees

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Time to find a workman's comp attorney and file a suit against LM. And do not talk to anybody about your unless it' your attorney. Does not have to be a accident for a injury to occur. They are liable and let your attorney earn his 10% from the settlement. Hope this is your first claim. They are good at stalling treatment for injury prone employees

Thanks, counselor.