Workmans comp/Buyout/re-Hire?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To FedEx? Why?

This may be why:

The EEOC says “An employer may ask questions about an applicant's prior workers' compensation claims or occupational injuries after it has made a conditional offer of employment, but before employment has begun, as long as it asks the same questions of all entering employees in the same job category.”Apr 28, 2017

542thruNthru

This may be why:

The EEOC says “An employer may ask questions about an applicant's prior workers' compensation claims or occupational injuries after it has made a conditional offer of employment, but before employment has begun, as long as it asks the same questions of all entering employees in the same job category.”Apr 28, 2017

I've never seen it on a application. Thats interesting.

Heavy Package

What do you guys think?

UPS is known for giving people in your situation multiple chances. They will be understanding and compassionate and willing to listen to your whole story. I look forward to the PCM meeting where you are introduced and welcomed back with the usual first day welcome to UPS cake and punch. I will be your biggest cheerleader!

Box Ox

I tore my shoulder and had to get surgery. Time went by for recovery. And unfortunately they bought me out.
I was just wondering what the chances are on getting re hired?

They wouldn’t have bought you out if they thought there might be a chance of ever having you back.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Hello everyone. I've been searching on the forums for about an hr or so. Couldn't find anything that's related via my situation?
In 2011 I worked at ups. I was working Pre-Load. Worked there for about 2 years. I was 19 at the time.
Unfortunately I got injured and I had to make a workmans comp claim.
I tore my shoulder and had to get surgery. Time went by for recovery. And unfortunately they bought me out.
I was just wondering what the chances are on getting re hired?
I'm going to guess its not going to happen.
If for some possibly reason I'm able to go back it would be at a different station.
What do you guys think?
Thanks for your guys input in advance.
How much cash was your buy out?
Good Luck to you.
FedEx Ground will more than likely hire you.