Depth of knowledge

Porknado

If they ever truly enforce word-for-word recitation of the 5's and 10's, I'd be out of a job.
Me too, likely. I am not good at memorizing things or reciting them back. Not to mention, the whole DOK reads like a disjointed collection of catch phrases strung together in an attempt to avoid copyright infringement suits by the Smith System folks (another fine attempt to copyright good practice but I digress).

Is such a thing in the contract? I could see applying this to qualifying new hires, but once you make book, the rote memorization of training literature should be in the rear view.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In the last decade I have had a literal parade of 20-something brand new on-car sups ask me to recite the DOK. Few things give me more satisfaction than seeing the look on their faces when I answer “I dont have a clue how to recite that crap.”

quad decade guy

Pretty aggressive for a guy that feels so attacked all of the time. You don't know him/her.

The bullied becomes the bully. What's next, you gonna lure some weakling into the woods so you can torture them to get out all of your pent up aggressions?
Right. I asked a few questions there. I await YOUR answers.

nWo

When you get to class you'll have an entire week to learn them. You'll figure it out by Friday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One of my proudest accomplishments at ups never learned any of the BS but still got a circle of honor patch
DM didn’t understand how one could happen without the other
I never memorized any of that garbage either and I had 29 years of safe driving. I got a warning letter once for not reciting them during a Keter Audit and I told the auditor what I really thought about them. I just remember "All Good Kids Love Milk" and "Look Sharp, Don't Get Cut".

quad decade guy

I never memorized any of that garbage either and I had 29 years of safe driving. I got a warning letter once for not reciting them during a Keter Audit and I told the auditor what I really thought about them. I just remember "All Good Kids Love Milk" and "Look Sharp, Don't Get Cut".
I still can't do it....word for word.....our DOK had all cheat sheets.....had....they've since taken them away.

Now, everyone just gets on their phones and uh fills in the blanks.