DFW Night sort closing

qdg2

UPS is finally going tits up.
Well...not exactly...yet.

While most(probably) won't follow work to Kentucky......they could. And those jobs will be filled...

Change of ops can be positive or negative to the employees(mgt or hourly).

While I had much anxiety about the several change of ops throughout my career......they all were eventually positive and full-filled my career to retirement under my terms.

Cowboy Mac

While most(probably) won't follow work to Kentucky......they could. And those jobs will be filled...

While I had much anxiety about the several change of ops throughout my career......they all were eventually positive and full-filled my career to retirement under my terms.
All of the rumors that come along with change of ops don’t help the anxiety.

trickpony1

I would be interested in comparing the company's "to date" earnings this year to last year's "to date" earnings.

Yes, I know, numbers can be juggled/cooked.

Edited.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years

Did you work out of the BOG with Num-nuts?

hexmurph

Heard last night that the aircraft maintenance shop is laying off 10 mechanics (local 2727) on the dfw night sort as well.

And a sup I'm friendly with said that there is absolute panic amongst the full time sup and manager group on the night sort. They're all freaking out about where they'll end up.

The night sort was a pretty easy gravy train operation for all involved.

Trucker Clock

I wonder if this night sort will resume IF the contract gets ratified?

Doubtful.

The DFW night sort processed what Worldport could not. Worldport has since expanded their facility to take back the volume that DFW processed.

There are other sorts shutting down due to loss of volume. A combination of contract talks and just overall volume drop due to the economy. Freight in general is taking a huge hit right now with loss of volume.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I would be interested in comparing the company's "to date" earnings this year to last year's "to date" earnings.

Yes, I know, numbers can be juggled/cooked.

Edited.
They are on par for $97B in revenue for this year. Slight dip from last year but surely not enough to be cutting like they’re doing. This is a scare tactic, and they aren’t even trying to hide it.