DFW Night sort closing

qdg2

They are on par for $97B in revenue for this year. Slight dip from this time last year but surely not enough to be cutting like they’re doing. This is a scare tactic, and they aren’t even trying to hide it.
So, they spent millions at Worldport(with physical improvements) to scare workers?

Tons of money at DFW to SHUT DOWN! the operation.....and then will start it back up? And then shut and shutter Worldport?

Really?

BTW, this has been in the works for.....YEARS! They have been trying to get rid of certain operations at DFW for years.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So, they spent millions at Worldport(with physical improvements) to scare workers?

Tons of money at DFW to SHUT DOWN! the operation.....and then will start it back up? And then shut and shutter Worldport?

Really?

BTW, this has been in the works for.....YEARS! They have been trying to get rid of certain operations at DFW for years.
Not saying what is happening at DFW is a scare tactic. You have a bad habit of putting words in other peoples mouths then cry when someone does it to you.

qdg2

Not saying what is happening at DFW is a scare tactic. You have a bad habit of putting words in other peoples mouths then cry when someone does it to you.
+
They are on par for $97B in revenue for this year. Slight dip from last year but surely not enough to be cutting like they’re doing. This is a scare tactic, and they aren’t even trying to hide it.
Ok. Fair enough.

Tell us-what exactly does "This is a scare tactic" mean?

Title of the thread is DFW NIGHT SORT CLOSING.

So, without crying.........as you are talking out of ahem both sides of your mouth......and crawfishing at light speed....

What does re-optimization(exactly what it is) mean?

Reference above that this improvement and change has been going on for several years in the DFW area....several years. Note.

New hubs were built. Others downgraded. Sleepers changed.

You have a bad habit of not owning what you've said....especially when it's not true(if bizarre) and then crying when someone illustrates such.

BTW, a more plausible explanation for the changes.......would be UPS Mgt. wants the changes ready for whatever is left after the new contract is signed. Perhaps there has been some future "casting"......eh? Better not bigger........a reality(from Mgt's point of view anyway).

qdg2

BTW, what exact words did I "put in your mouth" Exactly now.
They are on par for $97B in revenue for this year. Slight dip from last year but surely not enough to be cutting like they’re doing. This is a scare tactic, and they aren’t even trying to hide it.
I did quote you here though. Let me know how we can get around it. Be happy to.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
+

Ok. Fair enough.

Tell us-what exactly does "This is a scare tactic" mean?

Title of the thread is DFW NIGHT SORT CLOSING.

So, without crying.........as you are talking out of ahem both sides of your mouth......and crawfishing at light speed....

What does re-optimization(exactly what it is) mean?

Reference above that this improvement and change has been going on for several years in the DFW area....several years. Note.

New hubs were built. Others downgraded. Sleepers changed.

You have a bad habit of not owning what you've said....especially when it's not true(if bizarre) and then crying when someone illustrates such.

BTW, a more plausible explanation for the changes.......would be UPS Mgt. wants the changes ready for whatever is left after the new contract is signed. Perhaps there has been some future "casting"......eh? Better not bigger........a reality(from Mgt's point of view anyway).
‘Tard, read the post was I quoting. It is ok to have more than one conversation going in the same thread. Learn some context before you start running your mouth.

Since you’re too damn slow, I’ll spell it out for you. I was talking about the cuts going on around the country, not necessarily THIS instance.

They made $100B last year, the highest in UPS history. They are on par for $97B this year, only 3B shy from the all time record. They just spent god knows how much putting cameras in all our tractors and more recently going to a keyless system. Dumb expenditures but when it comes to paying their employees more or even just not laying them off they act like they have empty pockets.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Revenue is not income! You have to subtract operating cost and paying any debt.

UPS annual operating income for 2022 was $13.094B

• UPS operating income for the quarter ending March 31, 2023 was $2.541B, a 21.84% decline year-over-year.
  • UPS operating income for the twelve months ending March 31, 2023 was $12.384B, a 6.86% decline year-over-year.
  • UPS annual operating income for 2022 was $13.094B, a 2.22% increase from 2021.
  • UPS annual operating income for 2021 was $12.81B, a 66.71% increase from 2020.
  • UPS annual operating income for 2020 was $7.684B, a 1.46% decline from 2019.

Brownwind

• UPS operating income for the quarter ending March 31, 2023 was $2.541B, a 21.84% decline year-over-year.
  • UPS operating income for the twelve months ending March 31, 2023 was $12.384B, a 6.86% decline year-over-year.
  • UPS annual operating income for 2022 was $13.094B, a 2.22% increase from 2021.
  • UPS annual operating income for 2021 was $12.81B, a 66.71% increase from 2020.
Big picture means cash in when you can and don’t worry about what you can’t control. Remember the customer is king and we are in the service business.
Just do your best and follow the rules. None of us wrote them so protect yourself and follow them. If it takes longer no worries. Yes a few shifts are combining but our national contract has layoff language. FOLLOW IT….
We got this. Coming from an older guy who went through this more than a few times. Short term inconvenience but long term benefits

qdg2

‘Tard, read the post was I quoting. It is ok to have more than one conversation going in the same thread. Learn some context before you start running your mouth.

Since you’re too damn slow, I’ll spell it out for you. I was talking about the cuts going on around the country, not necessarily THIS instance.

They made $100B last year, the highest in UPS history. They are on par for $97B this year, only 3B shy from the all time record. They just spent god knows how much putting cameras in all our tractors and more recently going to a keyless system. Dumb expenditures but when it comes to paying their employees more or even just not laying them off they act like they have empty pockets.
Remember.....EVERYONE reads this stuff.....(admittedly very few)(no matter)......
Here we go.(I've put it in bold for ya).

BTW, they're cutting EVERYWHERE else("I was talking about cuts going on around the country")........but not DFW? As a scare tactic remember.....

Again for us Tards.......s l o w l y...........(hint: run your mouth s l o w l y). Name calling? Really?

And becoming more efficient( "We run the tightest ship in the shipping industry")(Are you old enough to remember such?) is a scare tactic? They've been BUILDING great big hubs around here for the last few YEARS......spending money. And while this has been happening, sorts and all kinds of CHANGE OF OPS has been happening.

Literally hundreds of feeder jobs have been created.........new jobs. Scary. Hundreds.

BTW, ever heard of Amazon? Any remote possibility....aw never mind.

Don't forget about the 5.4 billion dollars in dividends...

No money my ass

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1684809921072.png

With the number various local pension plans covering ups employees all over the US how would this even be possible?
If they don't do a little something let me stuck with a lot of us old bastards paying us a lot more than a new employee.

Do you realize how much it costs the company to have a senior driver versus a new employee?