DHL Out on Dec 10th?

BrownSuit

There are rumors going around that DHL will be cutting pickups at all but national accounts and only take returns and ship-ready envelopes effective December 10th.

Has anybody else heard anything about this?

This date coincides with when Resellers WorldWide Express and Unishippers have announced that they will no longer be providing their customers with DHL Service.

Channahon

Might just be rumors, nothing on DHL.com except for a service bulletin regarding suspending alcohol deliveries, dated 11-14.
Under news release, same info as edd_tv stated.

BrownSuit

I've seen letters to customers and DHL Employee sites are stating Dec 10th, but I'm not hearing/seeing any confirmation or other news.

DHL as usual is rather hush on their website.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I attended a dhl rally today that was held by my local in chicago. About 120 dhl drivers and clerks were in attendance and several politicans showed up in support.

Dhl through i believe what is the warren act (could be mistaken) has notified our union now that they expect to be down to 50 employees as of jan 23rd. Another round of layoffs is expected on dec 1st. In our local alone at the end of august we had 854 dhl drivers not including clerks and in jan it will be a total of 50.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I read on another forum that DHL will give its drivers with six years seniority severance pay for eleven weeks. This other forum was Teamsternet, they have a DHL Forum. The DHL guys in my part of the country are contractors, so they are not Teamsters.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Scratch, the reason the union held the rally today is because all of these people were told at the end of their shifts they were now laid off and not to report. Dhl has given severance packages to all of their non union employees but nothing to any off the union members.

I was talking with the guys today and anyone with 15 years or less is now been laid off, and the next cut will be around the 20 year mark. Its just sad to even think about!

tiegirl

tiegirl
DHL has been making a pull out for many months now. Jan 30, 2009 will be the last official day DHL will pickup and deliver domestic packages. DHL's larger accounts have been promised pickup and deliveries until at least Dec 31, 2009. Accounts are confused and we are working hard to get their business. FedEx is out there. Accounts are being cut off daily without notice. Hope this is all for an increase to our UPS business. Go drivers !

Big Babooba

Sung to the tune of American Pie (please forgive me but I couldn't resist)

Not so long ago
I can still remember
How their clown suits would make me smile
And I knew if I had a chance
I’d bust them about their bight red pants
And they’d be embarrassed for a while

But in November, they did quiver
With every package they’d deliver
Bad news in the paper
Their volume soon would taper

I can’t remember if I cried
When I heard about how hard they tried
Something touched me deep inside
The day their business died

So Bye-Bye Mr DHL Guy
Drove your big truck to the pickup
But the pickup was dry
Big Brown and Purple were starting to sigh
Singing this will be the way that you die
This will be the way that you die

705red

Browncafe Steward
You are not serious are you? But if you are I can explain it to you. In the mean time just keep picking up those packages!!

Heres an idea, while we are delivering and picking up from our current customers and doing everthing within our powers to keep them, you should get out of the office and find that dhl work and stop riding the drivers coat tails for your paycheck!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sung to the tune of American Pie (please forgive me but I couldn't resist)

Not so long ago
I can still remember
How their clown suits would make me smile
And I knew if I had a chance
I’d bust them about their bight red pants
And they’d be embarrassed for a while

But in November, they did quiver
With every package they’d deliver
Bad news in the paper
Their volume soon would taper

I can’t remember if I cried
When I heard about how hard they tried