DIAD 4?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
We just started on DIAD 4 yesterday. What a headache! I guess it is good for those of you on PAS/EDD but I would rather be back on DIAD 3. The shift button is a joke when you have to continually go back and forth to key in the address and street. God forbid that you have a 1Z that won't scan. :mad: (of course you know that they are giving us extra time for that) No wait..... they took time away from us because the DIAD is so efficient!

Only thing I like better is the scanner seems much improved and I never wear a watch so it is nice to have the clock present on all screens now.

I would go back to paper in a heartbeat if we could sheet 6 numbers and an ID again. Where have the good ole days gone?

SmithBarney

As a tip, press and hold the shift key if you need a number... then let it go
and it'll go back to ABC... or vice versa whichever is easier for you.(some areas have more numbered streets than named...

Griff

Make sure to ask where your extra time is for:

A) The diad running out of battery power after 9.5hrs.
B) 20% of your customers hitting the signature button with their thumb, making it go into last name entry mode.
C) The list goes on...

Do they test these things in the real world before making the final build? Do drivers have any input on the design features? I guess they are made in fantasy land, a few doors down from where the time allowances come from.

browned_out

:w00t: It gets better believe it or not, the first two weeks are hell. Readusting to the new keys is always a b#$ch, just make sure you get EDD just before you leave the bldg, so you have the most up to date info.

local804

We just started on DIAD 4 yesterday. What a headache! I guess it is good for those of you on PAS/EDD but I would rather be back on DIAD 3. The shift button is a joke when you have to continually go back and forth to key in the address and street. God forbid that you have a 1Z that won't scan. :mad: (of course you know that they are giving us extra time for that) No wait..... they took time away from us because the DIAD is so efficient!

Only thing I like better is the scanner seems much improved and I never wear a watch so it is nice to have the clock present on all screens now.

I would go back to paper in a heartbeat if we could sheet 6 numbers and an ID again. Where have the good ole days gone?

We had 4 for years now, the shift key/button is a joke but you sorta get used to it.(in a few years) lol

JustTired

free at last.......
I've heard the next version will be in spanish. They're gearing up for the new "guest worker" program. Coming to a center near you. Or maybe that was the ones the feeder dept uses. Or maybe both!!!
NAFTA....you gatta love it!!

Big Babooba

:w00t: It gets better believe it or not, the first two weeks are hell. Readusting to the new keys is always a b#, just make sure you get EDD just before you leave the bldg, so you have the most up to date info.
I totally agree. We've had it a year now, but it does take longer to master than the 3 versions before it.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
and it'll go back to ABC... or vice versa whichever is easier for you.(some areas have more numbered streets than named...

Thanks for the tip Fredly. Tried it out today and it made it much easier to use.

No EDD here Browned-Out. We are a small 7 driver satellite center. They say we will never get the system. The cost is too great for a small number of routes.

browned_out

:confused:1 Sorry still trying to learn the whole quote thing. That sucks, because Diad 4 was designed especially for PAS/EDD. I feel your pain bro, having to put in a 1z is a bummer, but with practice (you'll have lots of it) things will get easier. One thing I do recommend is the black belt hook for carrying your daid, some people like the pouch but the hook is the way to go.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I also used this tip a while back, it may have been you that originally mentioned it on another thread. It is soooooooooooooooo much easier. Only during pick up you may have to hit the escape key a few times, but it sure makes those unscannables so much faster. It takes a while to get used to but its better than toggle, toggle, toggle , ......aaaalll daayyy Lonnnggggggggggggggg. Wonder why we were never taught that way?

Things that make you go HHHMMMMM?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I also used this tip a while back, it may have been you that originally mentioned it on another thread. It is soooooooooooooooo much easier. Only during pick up you may have to hit the escape key a few times, but it sure makes those unscannables so much faster. It takes a while to get used to but its better than toggle, toggle, toggle , ......aaaalll daayyy Lonnnggggggggggggggg. Wonder why we were never taught that way?

Things that make you go HHHMMMMM?

Probably because you were trained the same way we were Tooner. We got to work Monday morning and instead of DIAD 3, there were DIAD 4's. No warning ......... no training. Just a couple of pages stapled together that I never looked at because we were already 30 minutes late leaving the building. Then management can't understand why we are always in a bad mood.

BigBrownSanta

I've been trying this for the last 2 days, and I am very appreciative for the tip. After fighting that toggle button for the last 2 years, I just need to find a way to break the toggle, toggle, toggle habit...