DIAD 5

keith lestrange

wornoutupser said:
The one feature that I would like to see is GPS tracking of our supervisors so we know where to call on Friday night at 9:00 PM to complain that we are still working while they are out spending time with THEIR families!
yeh thats a gr8 idea man

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
keith lestrange said:
we have just started on diad 5 its v cool and so small

Wow, thats cool. I have often wondered if the technology we use here is used overseas. Do you use the PAS/EDD programs too in Ireland?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
over9five said:
I want to be able to text other drivers (not just the center).

AND not just drivers in my center..... I want to be able to text Tooner!

Ahhh over9five, you've missed me...........Im touched. I wish you could text me. I need that big, strong guy support somedays. But we would be way over 9.5, as long as it takes to type a message on these boards!
The placement of the signature key was a very bad design. And the hidden pen. It stays in place well but people can never find it so you may as well go back to carrying it in your pocket.

Ms Spoken

I just love the new diad holder. (punt punt) I just love being slapped on the side/hind end with the diad. hahaha

Any new ideas on what else you could use that would be clipped on your belt.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Do you use the bag or the long clip?
I Love the long clip, I hated the bag.
And I can carry so much more, which now that I think about it.....Is probaly not in my best interest, but I hate juggling the board.
And the spanking I can live with.......

over9five

Staff member
"Any new ideas on what else you could use that would be clipped on your belt."

1. Flashlight for those overdispatched nights.

2. Doggy mace can.

3. Handcuffs for unruly customers. (Or girlfriend/boyfriend)

4. S&W .357 magnum for repeater unruly customers.

5. Spare package car keys. (Ever locked your keys in the back?)

over9five

Staff member
"Do you use the bag or the long clip?"

I still use the D3 clip. Hang the handle on it. I really hate the D4 clip spanking!

Ms Spoken

over9five said:
"Do you use the bag or the long clip?"

I still use the D3 clip. Hang the handle on it. I really hate the D4 clip spanking!

I have never seen the "bag" and we were told not to use the D4 clip or we would have pay to replace the broken strap.

Nice ideas OV9.5

I would like to lock the OMS out of thier computers with a response required! They ignore messages with info that our center requires which forces us to call via the telephone. That really really pisses me off! hmm lets see 10 seconds to type message compared to 5 minte telephone call which is more productive?

Big Babooba

We just got DIAD IV this week. I'm having a hard time adjusting to it. I had no problem with the first 3 versions. That shift key idea was stupid. I responded to a message and the screen showed a line of gibberish. I sent it anyway. We aren't on PAS and have been told that we will be one of the last two because we have a full time preload.

trickpony1

"....we have a full time preload.".

How does that work?

I don't understand how a full time preload fits into the overall scheme, and timeline, of an operation and even more confusing is why the company is paying benefits, vacations etc. when part-timers are a dime a dozen and disposable.

Big Babooba

trickpony1 said:
"....we have a full time preload.".

How does that work?

I don't understand how a full time preload fits into the overall scheme, and timeline, of an operation and even more confusing is why the company is paying benefits, vacations etc. when part-timers are a dime a dozen and disposable.
From what I understand, there are only 2 Full time preload shifts in the whole country (if not the whole company). Both are in Massachusetts. Ours starts at 11 pm and is supplemented by back to back part time unloader and sorter shifts that change at lunch time.

C

california

Where is the other fulltime preload and I am not understanding why a fulltime preload is necessary. How big is your center?

DS

Fenderbender
Cheers Keith Lestrange...Great to hear from people other than America...We`re still on Diad 3 here in Toronto...you must get in on the chat sometime...although when were done our day and relaxing,you are probobly still delivering nda`s.

How about a DIAD that will start laughing when you download EDD's and it realizes you have too much work. It could light up and vibrate like those things they give you at restraunts when your table is ready. :w00t:

Big Babooba

Our preload is a throwback to the pre-part timer days. The contract guarantees the fulltime inside jobs. Our loaders load anywhere from 2 to 8 cars depending on the volume of the routes and their positions on the belts. The belt travels at a slower speed,but the job is no picnic. Our building has around 100 cars.