DIAD 5

hoser

Industrial Slob
We are still on DIAD 3. We are the stepchild center, getting everything last.
now you know what it's like to be in canada, toronto and vancouver excluded.

my suggestion:
-scrap the whole design. make it rectangular, like a candy bar. 8 inches long, 5 inches wide, 5 inches deep. kidna like the fx powerpad. this way it can be holstered easily, causing it to drop less often.
-better place the stylus (i just end up carrying it in my pocket during a shift)
-use it to create routing labels, but this would probably cut deeply into productivity (but would mean way fewer mis-sorts)
-2 way radio, kinda like on those cellphones. saves the time talking (although implemeting a voice system would be too costly)

Q

qla3

Sorry for my poor english,

I'm from little center form Poland. We have DIAD 4 - they are looking beautiful in RACK ... especially evening instead of beer in refrigerator ;(...

Best regards from Poland ... We wait for DIAD 6500

Fredly, I have trained all of my customers where the stylus is. If I come across a new customer I just pull the stylus out about half way and tell them where it is. I cover other routes now and then and it really drives me nuts to do the routes where the driver takes the stylus out for the customer. And you figure out after a few stops who does and who doesn't. Then, there are still those freaking IDIOTS that sign EVERY friend-ing day that still can't locate the stylus :confused:1:confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1 Hello????? . I thought the location of the stylus was going to be the #1 worst thing about DIAD 4. I have to say, I'm suprised its not. People seem to know where it is more than they did on diad 3 when it was steering them right in the face. The honor of worst feature has to go to the shift key. For the love of God please get rid of this for DIAD 5!!!!!!!
I agree , I HATE the whole shift key system. However I have just started using a little trick I picked up on from this site. I leave the shift set to numbers and when I need to type alpha I hold the shift key down while typing, when done just release the shift key and it stays on numbers. It will also work the other way around.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for my poor english,

I'm from little center form Poland. We have DIAD 4 - they are looking beautiful in RACK ... especially evening instead of beer in refrigerator ;(...

Best regards from Poland ... We wait for DIAD 6500

Welcome to the Brown Cafe, qla3. Its interesting to hear from UPSers in other parts of the world, I don't remember anybody from Poland posting before. Your English is fine, you brought an old Thread of mine back to life!:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The fact that the screen stays lit all day whenever its on, wastes the battery.
If there was either a solar sensor(simple solution) or programmed into
the board to recognize what time it was to turn on the light(a little more difficult)
would save battery life. A 9 hour day just about kills the battery...
can't wait till we get a 11-12 PEAK day..
Why does your screen stay lit all day? You can turn the back light off and on.

Q

qla3

Don't worry, be happy :-)

In that moment we sending link of your blog to everybody in Poland... We will been in thousands...
best regards of raining and sunning Poland ;))))
ps we want leap to drink with you a small, cold beer but we are too far away....

qla3, ricard, peter and justine ;)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
qla3,

We wouldn't mind drinking a small, cold beer with you either. Why don't you register as a Member. We also have an International Forum along with a few others. I hope to hear from you and some of your friends soon.:beerhat:

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't worry, be happy :-)

In that moment we sending link of your blog to everybody in Poland... We will been in thousands...
best regards of raining and sunning Poland ;))))
ps we want leap to drink with you a small, cold beer but we are too far away....

qla3, ricard, peter and justine ;)
I thought Americans( and maybe Canadians) were the only ones that liked their beer cold:peaceful:

qla3

Hi there !

Wrong. In Poland we like ONLY COLD beer !!! :peaceful:

Beer is nothing ... Try a Polish vodka .... I'ts only for gourmands(?) :wink2:

regards

DiadDude

We have two DIAD 4 in SHIPPING STATE. Any ideas how get out of this state? :angry-very2::whiteflag:

Shipping State is basically the same as Bootloader on a DIAD 4. Use DCS to "Reset for Downloads" or perform an Application download to the problem boards.

filthpig

Voice recognition for unscannable packages. Just speak the barcode instead of keying it in.
Do you not have the "find barcode" option yet? It's really good. You just type in any 4 consecutive numbers (you have to be "in the stop") and it pulls it up. No more keying in all 16 numbers/letters!

filthpig

I've only has 2 people in the last 2 months push the sig key by accident
and thats on 6 different routes.

The Clip sucks, stick to the pouch, I tried using the clip, but
it is a waste of time trying to line it up every time... then it
won't come off when needed.

The Stylus location is rediculous, although I've trained most
customers where it is, and to put it back when done.(hate covering routes
where the driver hands people the stylus...)

Most of our drivers have put large 2 inch key rings on the stylus so they
are more easily removable by customers.(and visable)

The fact that the screen stays lit all day whenever its on, wastes the battery.
If there was either a solar sensor(simple solution) or programmed into
the board to recognize what time it was to turn on the light(a little more difficult)
would save battery life. A 9 hour day just about kills the battery...
can't wait till we get a 11-12 PEAK day..
hit the shift key twice then the cycle key twice. the light will turn off. same to turn it on. ours are off by default.

Mike Hawk

I've seen one driver tie 2 pens together with a few inches of string, impossible for the customer to miss, hard to loose and nunchucks when your bored.

DiadDude

thx for your responding...
That says our IT too, but DCS do not show S/N DIAD in dialog "ASSIGN DIAD".

:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

If they aren't showing up in that screen, they are either not seeing power and therfore don't know they're in the rack, or they are claimed by another center.

If they don't show a light when in the rack, they need to go back to the depot for repair.

If they show a light when in the rack, and are maintaining a charge, ask your center if they know how to do the "back to back" commissioning of a DIAD 4. If so, you can use a good DIAD 4 to make these 2 work. If no one knows how to do it, PM me.