Diad 6 annoying AF

WayBill

So on the diad 6, no way to bookmark stops, no way to page for stops. Scrolling is giving me thumbthritis & arrowing up & down does 1 at a time, unless you hold down on it, then it scrolls uncontrollably. I try to follow Orion as much as I can doing mostly rurals, but dispatch always puts a business or 2 at the end of the day to “encourage” us to go faster in our center.

Also the stop complete arrow on the physical keyboard worked well at the beginning, but now doesn’t work, unless you restart the diad, but once you do another function besides driver release, it doesn’t work again until you restart it again, & with winter coming, I tried glove mode, & it is no good. Did stylus mode for awhile… annoying. Just like everyone else, I sure miss the muscle memory of the diad 5.

At least the buffering is starting to get WAY better. So if anyone on the committee that fixes bugs on the diad 6 happens to browse brown cafe, please do the company & Union a favor & help us drivers trying to be more efficient.

With yuks… 😆

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
So on the diad 6, no way to bookmark stops, no way to page for stops. Scrolling is giving me thumbthritis & arrowing up & down does 1 at a time, unless you hold down on it, then it scrolls uncontrollably. I try to follow Orion as much as I can doing mostly rurals, but dispatch always puts a business or 2 at the end of the day to “encourage” us to go faster in our center.

Also the stop complete arrow on the physical keyboard worked well at the beginning, but now doesn’t work, unless you restart the diad, but once you do another function besides driver release, it doesn’t work again until you restart it again, & with winter coming, I tried glove mode, & it is no good. Did stylus mode for awhile… annoying. Just like everyone else, I sure miss the muscle memory of the diad 5.

At least the buffering is starting to get WAY better. So if anyone on the committee that fixes bugs on the diad 6 happens to browse brown cafe, please do the company & Union a favor & help us drivers trying to be more efficient.

With yuks… 😆
When you asked them to do you a favor you essentially blew any chance of it being addressed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

With yuks… 😆

Relax young padawan the more :censored2:ed up it is the more money you make

Shorts365

Used the DIAD 6 in heavy rain for the first time this past week. Unless they update it to where you can hard key through every stop again, it is gonna be a long winter.

bumped

With yuks… 😆
Easy... Break of at 4:00 and run strait business. Then go back up to the top of the Orion list to complete your resi's. Not our problem business was put in at the end of the day.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Used the DIAD 6 in heavy rain for the first time this past week. Unless they update it to where you can hard key through every stop again, it is gonna be a long winter.
Give them a couple of years. Carol will trim more fat and make the remaining management earn their keep. Still too many on roads and cms going home after the pcm. She will get rid of that waste of money.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Oh man the rain is horrible , try changing the finger mode in the settings it helps a little. Can’t wait to use it first snowfall
🧔‍♂️✊

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

With yuks… 😆
Typically, newer technology is better, but in this case, Diad 5 is better than its replacement.

One day at a time

With yuks… 😆
Diad 6 is a hopeless mess. Complete garbage. Any updates is good money thrown after bad. Take the diad 5 update it to work on 5g and you’ll have something. Cant believe they gave us this turd.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Diad 6 is a hopeless mess. Complete garbage. Any updates is good money thrown after bad. Take the diad 5 update it to work on 5g and you’ll have something. Cant believe they gave us this turd.
You would think someone in management would seek positive criticism or suggestions on how to improve D-6?

I guess we are not as smart as them?

BrownSnowFlake

You would think someone in management would seek positive criticism or suggestions on how to improve D-6?

I guess we are not as smart as them?
there’s a survey you can get to on the same page as the DIAD trainings but I’d be surprised if anybody actually reads it

Iamsomebody

With yuks… 😆
Switch to classic veiw mode and scrolling is less of an issue unless you have old man eyes.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
best advice for selecting stops out of orion order is either physically scan a package (rain) or select on a map.

I might sound crazy for suggesting this, but just embrace it and scroll arrow up/down one card at a time like flash cards. Your own memory is more coherent than trying to pin a list exactly where you'd want it to be, turns out. especially since dynamic orion literally jumbles them up.

each card also has all the necessary information including symbols for signature required, surepost, over 70, etc. unlike classic list view.