DIAD 6

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Call me paranoid but they need nothing more than my employee ID to pay me.
No, you are 1000% right. UPSers has way too much information as it is and a modified device like the diad still operates on either a windows platform, android platform, or IOS platform. All of them have been hacked at some point.

scooby0048

All I had to do was sign in first thing in the morning
Can you relate to your handler that most people would prefer some other means of logging on? Have they mentioned if that method is one that will most likely be the way it is done from now on?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, you are 1000% right. UPSers has way too much information as it is and a modified device like the diad still operates on either a windows platform, android platform, or IOS platform. All of them have been hacked at some point.
Signing on to a company website should not be a condition of employment for us

KoennenTiger

Can you relate to your handler that most people would prefer some other means of logging on? Have they mentioned if that method is one that will most likely be the way it is done from now on?

Don't worry I'm sure we'll totally strike and fight for better working conditions just like our grandfather's did

DiadDev

Software Developer
It’s the same as the helper phones
Diad 5 after the first scan it goes to apt/ste
Diad 6 you have to select apt/ste by touching the correct part on the screen than type in the apt/ste number
But like I said it’s still beta testing and I talk with someone from corporate almost every night and tell them what’s good and what’s bad

I'll look at this. The problem is, the software keyboard will popup if we automatically put you into the apt/ste number field. For stops where you don't want/need to fill out this field, you'd most likely have to dismiss the keyboard to continue. So either way, going to be a nuisance. But like I said, I'll take a look - noted as an annoyance.

Will it still record delivery info when you get to an area at&t has no service?

It will save the information and send it up when you regain network coverage.

Probably NOT left handed friendly.

When you get your hands on one, let me know what you think. PM or make a post about it. There's no reason why the software/device should be pre-dispositioned towards left/right handed users. I can't change the hardware, but if there is something on screen that is more suited towards righties, we can move its position or even create a left-handed mode.

Do you have to continually sign in to the board or does it stay signed in all day once you punch in.

The device should stay signed in all day as long as you don't go out of network coverage for a significant period of time. If you do, you will be re-prompted for your credentials.

I don't like the idea of having to use my UPSers login. There's too much information on that site that can easily be hacked from a wireless device like this.

It's part of new security standards. Your password is not saved in the device, and it is encrypted when it is sent up for authentication. I understand both the apprehension of typing it in, and also the annoyance of having to use it to login. All I can say is, all of that pales in comparison to the amount of software-development BS that is required to make it all work.

- FYI -
I am a developer on this product. However, I didn't write the business rules, didn't design the hardware, etc etc. Most of the things y'all hate on, I don't like either. I'm not steering the ship here.

D6 is still in early beta, there will be bugs and issues. If you have valid feedback about the application running on the device, PM me or respond to this thread and I will see what I can do. I would genuinely like to make your lives easier - just keep in mind we both work for same company, we both deal with the same BS. I'm not the one calling the shots, I'm just a code monkey.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My center started beta testing the new diad 6. We got 18 boards in and im one of the beta testers. So far it sucks.
I don't like the password thing. No need for ups to know our passwords. Let them issue passwords that are not linked to our accounts. The union should shut this down now!

scooby0048

- FYI -
I am a developer on this product. However, I didn't write the business rules, didn't design the hardware, etc etc. Most of the things y'all hate on, I don't like either. I'm not steering the ship here.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions.

542thruNthru

I'll look at this. The problem is, the software keyboard will popup if we automatically put you into the apt/ste number field. For stops where you don't want/need to fill out this field, you'd most likely have to dismiss the keyboard to continue. So either way, going to be a nuisance. But like I said, I'll take a look - noted as an annoyance.

It will save the information and send it up when you regain network coverage.

When you get your hands on one, let me know what you think. PM or make a post about it. There's no reason why the software/device should be pre-dispositioned towards left/right handed users. I can't change the hardware, but if there is something on screen that is more suited towards righties, we can move its position or even create a left-handed mode.

The device should stay signed in all day as long as you don't go out of network coverage for a significant period of time. If you do, you will be re-prompted for your credentials.

It's part of new security standards. Your password is not saved in the device, and it is encrypted when it is sent up for authentication. I understand both the apprehension of typing it in, and also the annoyance of having to use it to login. All I can say is, all of that pales in comparison to the amount of software-development BS that is required to make it all work.

- FYI -

D6 is still in early beta, there will be bugs and issues. If you have valid feedback about the application running on the device, PM me or respond to this thread and I will see what I can do. I would genuinely like to make your lives easier - just keep in mind we both work for same company, we both deal with the same BS. I'm not the one calling the shots, I'm just a code monkey.

Thank you for your input on this.

I'd like to say don't take anything on here too personal because it's a outlet for some but we do appreciate your answers and knowledge on the process.

Thanks again.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Zero need for UPS to enter employee's personal accounts. Shut it down. They can create their own platform like they have currently.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
where does it say in the contract that i am required to maintain a ups password or account. they may make one for me, but they have NO contractual authority to make u use it to get paid. period.

show me the section of the master. i cant find it.

i'll wait.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Signing on to a company website should not be a condition of employment for us

it is NOT a condition of employment. otherwise it'll be in the master or supplements etc.

past practice has established that they do not need this information. they will lose these grievances.

file article 37. harrassment and over supervision.

oldngray

nowhere special
where does it say in the contract that i am required to maintain a ups password or account. they may make one for me, but they have NO contractual authority to make u use it to get paid. period.

show me the section of the master. i cant find it.

i'll wait.
They could make a bogus one for you that isn't linked to any of your private information. No reason for them to force you to use your real one.