DIAD 6

DiadDev

Software Developer
Hey Dev,

I noticed you didn't respond to any of the gloves/touchscreen comments.

Like it or not, many regions of the world require delivery drivers to were gloves a good part of the year.

This must be addressed. You cannot take away some sort of way to let me do my job with gloves on. PERIOD.

I have to wear gloves at 40 degrees or less due to Reynaud Syndrome. That covers 6 months of the year for me. It would be an ADA issue if not fixed.

Thanks.

Amen brother. Yo software developer, go use that diad in a freezer for a few hours to understand what he is saying.

Go back and actually read what I said earlier. You'd see the part where I said I have nothing to do with the hardware. The screen on the device has a mode for gloves, and it has been through a few rounds of testing already. The app is also able to navigated through using the hard-keys. You really think they don't realize you guys use gloves? Or that weather exists? Come on man.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Hey Dev,

I noticed you didn't respond to any of the gloves/touchscreen comments.

Like it or not, many regions of the world require delivery drivers to were gloves a good part of the year.

This must be addressed. You cannot take away some sort of way to let me do my job with gloves on. PERIOD.

I have to wear gloves at 40 degrees or less due to Reynaud Syndrome. That covers 6 months of the year for me. It would be an ADA issue if not fixed.

Thanks.
It isn't an ADA issue.
Unless you have documentation from your Physician.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They made us take the diad training on the new log in crap. It said if you put the wrong password in 3 times then the normal punch in screen pops up and you punch in like we always have. That's what I'm going to do every day.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
They made us take the diad training on the new log in crap. It said if you put the wrong password in 3 times then the normal punch in screen pops up and you punch in like we always have. That's what I'm going to do every day.

i like this. and then when they come in and ask why you're not logging in correctly, FILE

ManInBrown

where does it say in the contract that i am required to maintain a ups password or account. they may make one for me, but they have NO contractual authority to make u use it to get paid. period.

show me the section of the master. i cant find it.

i'll wait.
Agree. In feeders we have to sign into our UPSers to start the day on the IVIS

JustDeliverIt

I’m sure there’s a stylus to work the touch screen. If not there’s a billion touchscreen gloves now

I use the touchscreen gloves now, go through a few pair every winter. Still doesn't work well with the current DIAD but you can get around a lot of touchscreen stuff with hard keys.

This board the hard keys are smaller, going to suck trying to type anything. Assuming they are leaning towards everything being done on the screen, definitely making it harder with gloves on.

DiadDude

I use the touchscreen gloves now, go through a few pair every winter. Still doesn't work well with the current DIAD but you can get around a lot of touchscreen stuff with hard keys.

This board the hard keys are smaller, going to suck trying to type anything. Assuming they are leaning towards everything being done on the screen, definitely making it harder with gloves on.
For years, half the people on here have complained that we should have a QWERTY keyboard on the DIAD 5. I told them it would make the keys too small. Guess it's time for the other half to start b!tching.

JustDeliverIt

For years, half the people on here have complained that we should have a QWERTY keyboard on the DIAD 5. I told them it would make the keys too small. Guess it's time for the other half to start b!tching.

Could care less what arrangements the letters are in, I'll find them. Again, looking at it from the point of having gloves on for 3-5 months depending on the weather, the buttons are small and going to be an issue with gloves on IMO

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Go back and actually read what I said earlier. You'd see the part where I said I have nothing to do with the hardware. The screen on the device has a mode for gloves, and it has been through a few rounds of testing already. The app is also able to navigated through using the hard-keys. You really think they don't realize you guys use gloves? Or that weather exists? Come on man.
Don't take it personally, most of us can be dicks. We all work for the same company so you know how it is. Say one thing, do another. I hope that I can speak for my colleagues and say that we do appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions as clear and concisely as you can. We also understand that you are just another cog in the big wheel, and final product development / deployment is out of your hands as the company is the one who will have the final say on what it looks like, how it performs, and what hardware / software configurations the device has.

So, again, thank you for taking time to answer some of our questions. Now all you friend*ers out there lay off this guy and be more appreciative he is at least trying to address our concerns. More than the company does.

35years

Gravy route
How does your touchscreen work with these... (Thinsulate lined cowhide choppers.) What I wear when the temps are zero to -30 below?

And no...Computer designers in California or even Atlanta do not have a clue how the work gets done out here. Case in point the sig button on the current diad is the only active button when the customer signs, and is right where the customer grasps the diad to sign it.

I do not use the touch screen 6 months a year. Touch screens are worthless below zero.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
How does your touchscreen work with these... (Thinsulate lined cowhide choppers.) What I wear when the temps are zero to -30 below?

And no...Computer designers in California or even Atlanta do not have a clue how the work gets done out here. Case in point the sig button on the current diad is the only active button when the customer signs, and is right where the customer grasps the diad to sign it.

I do not use the touch screen 6 months a year. Touch screens are worthless below zero.
We will just have to go in where its warm. Take a glove off. Sheet stop. Put glove back on.

Not a big deal, really.

take your time

My center started beta testing the new diad 6. We got 18 boards in and im one of the beta testers. So far it sucks.

wait.... is this a real picture of the new diad....

the screen looks glossy......you wont be able to see the letters well in direct sunlight...needs to be matte....wtf....

a911scanner

Missed the hardware/software comment.

As for the "UPS thinks about these things"...

Have you seen the "helper phone"? Tried using it with gloves on? Real -10 below gloves that is.
Enough said