DIAD 6

DiadDev

Software Developer
Missed the hardware/software comment.

As for the "UPS thinks about these things"...

Have you seen the "helper phone"? Tried using it with gloves on? Real -10 below gloves that is.
Enough said

But here we are talking about hardware again :sad-little:

Yeah, I've seen the helper phones. They run the same application that the DIAD6 does. They work as well as an off-the-shelf Samsung phone does, because that's what they are. So, a helper phone should work as well as a phone does in -10* weather. Haven't experienced that myself, but I can say it probably doesn't work great, if at all with bulky gloves (unless using capacitive tipped ones).

The helper phones were thought out, quite thoroughly in fact. They are an economic alternative to buying an additional 40-60k D6s for use 2-3 months out of the year, only to collect dust for the remaining time. Changes in technology and dwindling reliability mean the older DIAD devices wont be viable to use in peak seasons going forward. The phones are much cheaper to buy than the D6. The tradeoff to this is that they are a little slower and non-ruggedized. For the type and amount of work the driver-helpers do, they are adequate, occasionally a pain to use if it's raining or it's super cold, etc. The phones are ideal for a lot of cases, but yes, they fall short in some areas.

For the amount of work a driver performs, and the daily conditions ya'll endure, of course a phone isn't going to cut it. That's why the D6 exists. There were multiple tests done with the D6 in cold weather areas over the winter (for this very reason); I am sure those in charge of the hardware got feedback and dealt with any issues accordingly.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I am sure those in charge of the hardware got feedback and dealt with any issues accordingly.

Just like they listened to the feedback that they got with the orion implementation. They don't care about feedback at all. They make a blanket application or device and expect us to deal with their lack of thorough forethought.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Do a few tests for me yea?

1. Drop the diad on the diamond plate and let it fall down the steps of the pkg car.

2. Drive like 5mph and just toss it out passenger side.

3. Use it to hold open a heavy apartment gate or office building door.

Let me know if it stays intact amd functional.

Thnaks
Sounds totally realistic.

WTFm8

No, you are 1000% right. UPSers has way too much information as it is and a modified device like the diad still operates on either a windows platform, android platform, or IOS platform. All of them have been hacked at some point.

DIAD 5 is on Windows platform and has a SIM card. Can see all that info after it boots up after crashing/unexpected restart.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
DIAD 5 is on Windows platform and has a SIM card. Cam see all that info after it boots up after crashing/unexpected restart.
I know, that's why I made that statement. The DIAD 6 however might be running a different one after development is completed.

WTFm8

Missed the hardware/software comment.

As for the "UPS thinks about these things"...

Have you seen the "helper phone"? Tried using it with gloves on? Real -10 below gloves that is.
Enough said

After guaranteed 3 crashes in first hour, that POS goes in the back and I sheet everything in my DIAD and instruct helper which house to go to and not place directly in front of door so it’s not a tripping hazard or hold it shut.

UPSER1987

Hey Dev,

I noticed you didn't respond to any of the gloves/touchscreen comments.

Like it or not, many regions of the world require delivery drivers to were gloves a good part of the year.

This must be addressed. You cannot take away some sort of way to let me do my job with gloves on. PERIOD.

I have to wear gloves at 40 degrees or less due to Reynaud Syndrome. That covers 6 months of the year for me. It would be an ADA issue if not fixed.

Thanks.

Geez, I’ll never understand how this company make money with this workforce

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I only sport gloves to avoid nasty paper cuts from the saw blade edge ass amazon boxes and to avoid coming in contact with dirty crap in the package car throughout the day. Some boxes look like they have dookie stains and who knows if a piss bottle exploded. Screw the diad I'll scratch my ass with it if it itches.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I will laugh my ass off if the generic android keyboard shows up. Probably forced to use the same development tools I was taught to use in high school.

They already did it with the inside punch-in webpage. Now if you slap the enter-key twice it is a 50/50 whether or not it actually records your time due to an issue with how it directs the key command halfway through loading the page contents.

iowa boy

I'm sorry, but when we have those two weeks in January where the air temp doesn't go above 10 degrees, (not including the windchill), my pansy ass will be wearing gloves because I'm old.

So us old guys will be wearing gloves while trying to type on these new fangled contraptions called DIAD 6. It will be fun.

I'm sorry, but when we have those two weeks in January where the air temp doesn't go above 10 degrees, (not including the windchill), my pansy ass will be wearing gloves because I'm old.

So us old guys will be wearing gloves while trying to type on these new fangled contraptions called DIAD 6. It will be fun.
P*

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3212_30.jpg