Diad Holder Thing

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by silliemarz, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

And they keep on telling us we couldn’t do it without an army of sups keeping an eye on everything .... you just proved them wrong....

2. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

It was a beautiful thing.
    No PAL labels and NO misloads. The loads were nearly stop for stop. Only seniority drivers were allowed to work the sort as it was extra work. If they loaded a truck of a lesser seniority driver then that truck would have a load chart of how to load the truck.
    We had driver sort and load up until 3 years ago. Been a nightmare ever since.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You just described my early days of working preload. Did the other drivers still bitch about everything in the morning.

4. walk the jewels

walk the jewels just driving around in circles

Transfer to a very small center.

5. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

early to mid 70's

6. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Wow - I would have never guessed driver sort held on that long.

7. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Damnit...im on the east coast. This is one of the bigger buildings

8. MrBrown

MrBrown Active Member

Long time member but a frequent lurker. I ignore Orion and run the route as it should be. I've heard this is coming to out center soon. Once it does I'm done. I will follow it stop for stop and drive around like an :censored2:.
    Whatever, I'll make a lot more money I guess

9. MrBrown

MrBrown Active Member

Just seems like union busting technology. Nothing will replace area knowledge

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Yup.
    They don't care how inefficient it is compared to a skilled solution,as long as it effectively lowers the minimum skill required to do this job.

11. browned out

browned out Well-Known Member

Does management attempt to force drivers to follow the turn by turn directions and back into driveways?
    Do you know of any discipline being issued due to not hitting the Dash DIAD metric %?

From what I have heard, a DIAD charger will be incorporated...similar to what we had with DIAD 3 or 4. No problem with that. My DIAD never died back then.

12. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 34 yrs & done!

Satellite center I just retired from has no Orion or PAS. They are also still running a driver sort every day for about 12 routes. It’s almost like the good ole days without paper records.

13. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I will drown them out with my Bluetooth stereo.

• List
  14. StewardwitBalls

StewardwitBalls New Member

Load charts!!!! That brings back some memories! Thanks for letting me know how old I have gotten

15. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Look I know it's your tenth stop of the day but you shouldn't have an issue getting to that envelope in the middle of your 6000 shelf right? Just climb over the bulk and hope that the loader cared enough to put it slightly close to where it should be or hell the right shelf for that matter. Now engage dramatic savings for the company. Let's go!!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

OMG, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THIS!!!

I have had exactly 2 days this year that didn't have at least 1 business that closes at 5, scheduled to be delivered after 5:30!

MY CENTER MANAGER IS GOING TO CRY WHEN THIS GETS PUT INTO MY TRUCK!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We are sent a message everyday about 2 o clock to go through our loads looking for businesses and or misloads.

18. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

[​IMG]........[​IMG]

19. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Just had a few installed today. It was weird getting back to the center and having a DIAD fully charged at 100% It would actually be useful if the DIAD screen wasn't tiny.

20. Redtag

Redtag Part on order, ok to drive

We just got a bunch of the new DiAD VI chargers in today. It has a USB port on the side of it so you guys should be able to charge your personal phones as well