Diad Holder Thing

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You bet---did that for probably the first 5 or 6 years of my career--maybe longer. We also only had a Center Manager and NO supervisors. The driver with the most seniority (usually) was known as the "Lead Driver" and was responsible for making sure all packages were loaded in the morning and the building was locked up because the center manager only visited us two days a week. Lead Driver got 10 cents more an hour.
And they keep on telling us we couldn’t do it without an army of sups keeping an eye on everything .... you just proved them wrong....

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Drivers loaded their own trucks??

It was a beautiful thing.
No PAL labels and NO misloads. The loads were nearly stop for stop. Only seniority drivers were allowed to work the sort as it was extra work. If they loaded a truck of a lesser seniority driver then that truck would have a load chart of how to load the truck.
We had driver sort and load up until 3 years ago. Been a nightmare ever since.

PT Car Washer

No PAL labels and NO misloads. The loads were nearly stop for stop. Only seniority drivers were allowed to work the sort as it was extra work. If they loaded a truck of a lesser seniority driver then that truck would have a load chart of how to load the truck.
You just described my early days of working preload. Did the other drivers still bitch about everything in the morning.

MrBrown

Long time member but a frequent lurker. I ignore Orion and run the route as it should be. I've heard this is coming to out center soon. Once it does I'm done. I will follow it stop for stop and drive around like an :censored2:.
Whatever, I'll make a lot more money I guess

browned out

Yes we have had them for a while now probably before peak. They will burn the batteries up and if you are a route driver its extremely annoying to hear every stop ODO wants you to go to next. Lock the cradle before putting it in the slot and problem solved, I have a new truck and did not have one installed so I lucked out

Does management attempt to force drivers to follow the turn by turn directions and back into driveways?
Do you know of any discipline being issued due to not hitting the Dash DIAD metric %?

From what I have heard, a DIAD charger will be incorporated...similar to what we had with DIAD 3 or 4. No problem with that. My DIAD never died back then.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Satellite center I just retired from has no Orion or PAS. They are also still running a driver sort every day for about 12 routes. It’s almost like the good ole days without paper records.

Load charts!!!! That brings back some memories! Thanks for letting me know how old I have gotten

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
It’s all useless when it come to saving time when you can’t find the package or get to it. Maybe the next step is to load the truck according to Orion

Look I know it's your tenth stop of the day but you shouldn't have an issue getting to that envelope in the middle of your 6000 shelf right? Just climb over the bulk and hope that the loader cared enough to put it slightly close to where it should be or hell the right shelf for that matter. Now engage dramatic savings for the company. Let's go!!!!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
OMG, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THIS!!!

I have had exactly 2 days this year that didn't have at least 1 business that closes at 5, scheduled to be delivered after 5:30!

MY CENTER MANAGER IS GOING TO CRY WHEN THIS GETS PUT INTO MY TRUCK!!!

PT Car Washer

OMG, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THIS!!!

I have had exactly 2 days this year that didn't have at least 1 business that closes at 5, scheduled to be delivered after 5:30!

MY CENTER MANAGER IS GOING TO CRY WHEN THIS GETS PUT INTO MY TRUCK!!!
We are sent a message everyday about 2 o clock to go through our loads looking for businesses and or misloads.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
images
chewy-review-merrick-steak-patties.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
We just got a bunch of the new DiAD VI chargers in today. It has a USB port on the side of it so you guys should be able to charge your personal phones as well