DIAD Notes

Zowert

I wish they’d let drivers edit the notes in our board. It’s mildly annoying having to scroll a dozen notes to deliver a package to a place that gets 20+ pieces to a locker. It’s meaningless stuff too like ‘Customer slow to answer’ ‘DR Irregs front door’ ‘1pkg per locker’ etc. I ask them to delete some of these but they never get around to it. /rant

Anyway, what are some of the odd notes you’ve seen?
Got a few:
“DO NOT TOUCH DOORMAT”
“Knock twice ring bell”
“Ring bell wait 30 sec”
“Do not block driveway” I block it anyway, friend em.

My favorite: “Beware of dog” the dog at this address is a chihuahua. I remember reading the note my first time going to this house thinking ‘oh crap must be a big mean dog’ only to have this little mutt come running around the side of the house yipping at me. At first it kept its distance, but after I dropped the package and turned my back the little MF’er runs up and bites the back of my boot.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
As a cover driver, I love those notes, I always check for them before my next stop. It's especially helpful on rural routes so you don't pull straight into a locked gate with no code and nowhere to turn around. My favorite is "dog will eat pkgs"
Ok, so get us a box or a cooler or something to put the pkgs in....
Customers are hilarious with these DR "issues." There's always a quite simple solution, but instead they just expect us to figure out where they want us to put the pkg, on an acre lot with old cars and crap everywhere. And if we don't....they call and complain!!!
Dr bag gate locked, stop complete.

I usually don’t see the notes unless they pop up after I scan the package. It’s too late at that time.

Who looks at the notes. Just hit big arrow down until it says no collections and dr the package!!
That's exactly how I used to feel. I got trained on gravy suburban stuff; when I started going out in the woods in the dark, I had to do multiple, long dangerous backs to avoid getting stuck, some of the most nerve racking moments of my life.
If I don't know the address and it's in a rural area I will hit notes on it walking back to the pkg car after a stop every time. It's made a huge difference for me

JustDeliverIt

That's exactly how I used to feel. I got trained on gravy suburban stuff; when I started going out in the woods in the dark, I had to do multiple, long dangerous backs to avoid getting stuck, some of the most nerve racking moments of my life.
If I don't know the address and it's in a rural area I will hit notes on it walking back to the pkg car after a stop every time. It's made a huge difference for me

Yeah, never been that far out. All the notes I've ever seen are "Don't use driveway to turn around" or "Beware of animal". Nothing you wouldn't already be looking out for anyways. Fairly useless stuff.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wish they’d let drivers edit the notes in our board. It’s mildly annoying having to scroll a dozen notes to deliver a package to a place that gets 20+ pieces to a locker. It’s meaningless stuff too like ‘Customer slow to answer’ ‘DR Irregs front door’ ‘1pkg per locker’ etc. I ask them to delete some of these but they never get around to it. /rant

Anyway, what are some of the odd notes you’ve seen?
Got a few:
“DO NOT TOUCH DOORMAT”
“Knock twice ring bell”
“Ring bell wait 30 sec”
“Do not block driveway” I block it anyway, friend em.

My favorite: “Beware of dog” the dog at this address is a chihuahua. I remember reading the note my first time going to this house thinking ‘oh crap must be a big mean dog’ only to have this little mutt come running around the side of the house yipping at me. At first it kept its distance, but after I dropped the package and turned my back the little MF’er runs up and bites the back of my boot.

Write down the addresses that you want edited, then bribe an OMS with chocolate if you aren't already on good terms with them. Got a handful of addresses cleaned up not too long ago.

Yeah, never been that far out. All the notes I've ever seen are "Don't use driveway to turn around" or "Beware of animal". Nothing you wouldn't already be looking out for anyways. Fairly useless stuff.
My buddy who also covers routes in the woods and I were just talking about how you pretty much have to just go for it with some driveways. If you walk all day when half of the driveways are a 1/4 mile long you just aren't going to finish. Gotta have the bid driver talk you through some stuff at the computer, if he's cool he'll tell you every driveway to avoid for whatever reason