Diad Software Issues

AssistantSanta

Are you sure? I know I've hit the comm key(by mistake) after making a resi stop and had to go back rescan and have them resign. If there is a way I'd like to know how. Think menotyou, think.Try and remember :).
I can really only see this being a worthwhile issue if it's an air package with 15:00 commit time that only applies to commercial address delivery and it is already past 3PM which may result in consignor filing for refund. From what I understand 15:00 commit time does not apply to residential.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Say the consignee did electronic release.
Package is scanned.

At what point do you KNOW that they signed up? At which point in delivery process do you push teh EDN button?

There was an "E" next to the address in EDD. I scanned the package and was asked to confirm that I wanted to designate the package as a EDN. Hit "y" and DR'd the package.

I have no idea when they signed up for the service.

Johney

I can really only see this being a worthwhile issue if it's an air package with 15:00 commit time that only applies to commercial address delivery and it is already past 3PM which may result in consignor filing for refund. From what I understand 15:00 commit time does not apply to residential.
It also applies to the shippers bill. There is a difference in charges when delivering to a resi and a comm add.