DIAD Tips and Tricks for a New Driver?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
During our pre-Peak meeting they told us that we should have more than enough package cars for every driver. We will still have a few rentals that will be used primarily for making sweeps of bulk pickup stops.

Our center said they aren't sure and they may have to "borrow" PCs from the nearby hub. One of the veteran drivers suggested press ganging the local Amish population with their buggies into helping during peak.

GenericUsername

You should write down what you're having issues with on the back of your DR booklet. This way, the next morning you can ask a veteran driver nearby you on what the proper procedure is. If it makes you feel better, keep a piece of paper or something so you can jot down notes too. It'll simplify your thoughts when you look back at it.

Also, I've always used the touchscreen, so for those of you guys who are saying to use the keys, what's the sequence for DRing on it? I live in Florida and don't need gloves so I've found the screen to be just fine, obviously.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
When you learn most of the common button sequences through muscle memory the orange button blows the touchscreen out of the water in speed. Not just in DRing a package but the other common stuff also. Scanning an ARS package a customer gives you is just orange, A, scan. Getting to the pickup screen back button, 1. Not in 1 simply orange, 2, 4, 1 (or whatever number of attempts), scan info notice, stop complete, 1. Closed, same deal just substitute some numbers. I'm a dork with this stuff lol. I get mad when I DR pressing the buttons super quick and forget that the package was signature release so my whole button sequence is thrown off and I hear hella error beeps instead.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Avoid using the touch screen. Keypad is faster

Orange button!

Orange button, 5, then where you left it 1=man, 2=woman, 3=garage, 4=boy, 5=girl, 6=porch, 7=front door, 8=rear door, 9=side door or arrow down, U=ups box.

When I try and tell the drivers in my center about using the keypad for all my deliveries they look at me like I'm foreign and have a horrible birthmark right between my eyes. Like using the touchscreen is the be-all-end-all. They think the orange button is just there for looks.

Also, learn that 1 is residential and 2 is commercial in the prerecord screen and also 1 is yes and 0 is no when needed.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Orange button, 5, then where you left it 1=man, 2=woman, 3=garage, 4=boy, 5=girl, 6=porch, 7=front door, 8=rear door, 9=side door or arrow down, U=ups box.
Are you sure on number 9? Maybe our diads are just different but 9=inside delivery and side door= big arrow down, u

Cementups

Box Monkey
Are you sure on number 9? Maybe our diads are just different but 9=inside delivery and side door= big arrow down, u

Not al the selections are the same nationwide. ours are
1 man
2 woman
3 garage
4 front porch
5 back porch
6 side porch
7 front door
8 back door
9 side door

I use "c" a lot for carport. tons of them on my area.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not al the selections are the same nationwide. ours are
1 man
2 woman
3 garage
4 front porch
5 back porch
6 side porch
7 front door
8 back door
9 side door

I use "c" a lot for carport. tons of them on my area.
I see... Yeah ours differs a lot.
1 man
2 woman
3 garage
4 boy
5 girl
6 porch
7 front door
8 back door
9 inside delivery
m box
o under mat
s shop
u side door

Those are really the only ones I use other than 0 other location- On the roof. I save that one for the supervisors house's :)

Rack em

Made the Podium
Now that I think about it, it would suck transferring to a different center with a different diad set up. It would take so long to erase the muscle memory. People would be looking for their stuff at their front door and I would end up putting in garage or something in the diad lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
Inside delivery is only an option if you are getting a signature.

I treat carports the same as a garage: yellow key, 5, 3. I can do it with a finger roll.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Inside delivery is only an option if you are getting a signature.

I treat carports the same as a garage: yellow key, 5, 3. I can do it with a finger roll.
We have inside delivery for DR's... A lot of rural routes in our center so people usually leave a note saying to put the package inside the door.

PT Car Washer

I know that is an option after you get a signature for a business. On our diads we have an inside delivery for residential as well
Not just an option but the DIAD well prompt you that the package must be delivered to the Vision Ctr and not the dock. An inside residential delivery would be the front or back porch.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not just an option but the DIAD well prompt you that the package must be delivered to the Vision Ctr and not the dock. An inside residential delivery would be the front or back porch.
Like I said, our diads are set up differently from other centers. An inside residential delivery for us is inside their house door. Otherwise we put garage, FD, BD, porch, etc.

PT Car Washer

Like I said, our diads are set up differently from other centers. An inside residential delivery for us is inside their house door. Otherwise we put garage, FD, BD, porch, etc.
I stand corrected, you did say your DIADs are set up differently. I just find it hard to believe why UPS does not have a system wide standard. We are instructed to never enter a residential receiver's home because of a liability issue.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I stand corrected, you did say your DIADs are set up differently. I just find it hard to believe why UPS does not have a system wide standard. We are instructed to never enter a residential receiver's home because of a liability issue.
I never go inside the house either. Sometimes people leave notes saying to leave it inside the door so I just open to door and set it inside.

a911scanner

Orange, 5, 3 = garage
Orange, 5, 6 = porch
Orange, 5, 7 = front door
Orange, 5, 8 = rear door
Orange, 5, 9 = side door

Doesn't matter if it's inside or outside of these locations. It's there Mr. Customer. Go look for it.