• Your choice

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Forward a solution

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was on vacation the week we got ours so I got zero training if any was even offered. My first stop the following Monday morning I had to figure out there was now a Soft Key for Driver Release.

rod

Retired 22 years
No training when a new DIAD comes out either. Just hand it to you and let you figure it out as you try to deliver.
I remember them giving a DIAD one to everyone to take home for a night to supposedly practice with when they first came out. All that happened was that within 30 seconds you had the thing locked up and about all it was good for was teasing the family cat with the lazer light scanner.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, we were allowed to take the DIAD 1's home to play with them. I took the screws out of mine and I popped the case apart to see what was inside it. I took computer designing classes when I got out of high school, I like to figure out how things work. They had very fragile circuit boards and they would break down a lot. We had one driver forget that he set it on his rear bumper when he got ready to back to a dock. It fell off and he ran over it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, we were allowed to take the DIAD 1's home to play with them. I took the screws out of mine and I popped the case apart to see what was inside it. I took computer designing classes when i got out of high school. They had very fragile circuit boards in them and they would break down a lot. We had one driver forget that he set it on his rear bumper when he got ready to back to a dock. It fell off and he ran over it.
DIAD 1 to 3 had a funky UPS designed operating system. IV was Windows CE under the hood. I'm not sure about V. Android based?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
DIAD 1 to 3 had a funky UPS designed operating system. IV was Windows CE under the hood. I'm not sure about V. Android based?

Its got some kind of Windows garbage in it. I despise Microsoft and I refuse to use it in my personal devices..

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This is pretty pathetic, honestly. Multi-billion dollar Fortune 50 company and people have to ask around forums and watch Youtube videos to figure out how to use the one tool you use more than anything your entire day.

Must've allocated all the training time to regurgitating the 5 and 10 and blew their paper budget on backing reports and new acronyms for you to sign.

JustAnotherSup

There's a "DIAD V - Made Simple!" manual on the iGate. If you search what's in the quotes, you will find it. You should be able to access iGate on any computer at your building. Your user ID is your employee ID number. You may need to ask your management team for your password or just reset the password to gain access.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is pretty pathetic, honestly. Multi-billion dollar Fortune 50 company and people have to ask around forums and watch Youtube videos to figure out how to use the one tool you use more than anything your entire day.

Must've allocated all the training time to regurgitating the 5 and 10 and blew their paper budget on backing reports and new acronyms for you to sign.

How much training do you need?

I’am about as computer illiterate as they come and within the first hour I had it figured out

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How much training do you need?

I’am about as computer illiterate as they come and within the first hour I had it figured out
I've never started a thread asking about their features. But other people do so that says a lot about how little instruction the company gives on using their own proprietary tool.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Not long to figure out the basics but it takes a lot longer for the rarer or unusual circumstances.
I remember getting locked up for good 20 minutes after putting in a cod amount wrong & a brokerage fee popped up once. Was like wtf is this now?, was just cussing like a sailor, all in front of a customer.

kdubbley

I’m a 43 yr old UPSer newb and handling the DIAD feels like using Windows 95 on a first generation iPhone with an Apple 2 screen augmented by a Blackberry keypad they forget to configure to QWERTY = not intuitive! Sheesh.

Making it though! If there was a downloadable manual it would be super helpful for me so I don’t have to hassle my “on road supe” or veteran driver that has taken me under their wing.

However, word on the street is things will move more toward an iPhone like PVD-OS.

Can we just do that now?!? Like when I shaved off my beard during intergrad two weeks ago then during PCM on Wednesday the indict from further up the Big Brown food chain decreed that funky hairdos and professional like facial hair of all types are now kosher???

RIP beard. Hello No shave November! 🤣