Did any of you drivers not make it past your 30 days the first time?

U

uber

What happened? How many attempts at driving before you got it down? I start driving school next week. I know the physical aspect of the job I can handle. The stress part of it I should be able to handle as I have thick skin. But, for some reason I'm kind of nervous.

slaveofbigbrown

Nope made it on first try. Took a little to get used to but had it down pretty good a week in. Sat air driving helped me out alot. Learned how to read and plot area from a map, diad usage, driving the beat up trucks. Just relax take a deep breath and do ure best!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
"The stress part of it I should be able to handle as I have thick skin."

That's what they all say just before the crack.

I got disqualified on my first 2 attempts and made it on my 3rd attempt.

First attempt, I was pulling out of the line up and turned too much and hit the truck next to me

Second attempt, I wasn't doing my route fast enough

What's funny is that on my third attempt, I got into a tier 3 (I think on my 24th day) and somehow I didn't get disqualified. Been driving for almost 2 years now

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I made it first time. The guy on my training route before me failed twice though then he told me it couldn't be done. He never has tried his 3rd time. Three chances is all you get now. We named the rule at our center cause apparently before it was in the contract one guy tried 7-8 times before he made it.

Indecisi0n

"The stress part of it I should be able to handle as I have thick skin."

That's what they all say just before the crack.

Yup. We just had another one drop this week. He was being put on a route cold (again). He looked at me (we became good friends) and said "no" and walked out never to be seen again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm sure you will do just fine. I have the utmost confidence in you. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions while at Integrad. Dave.

This is actually a great idea.
Do exactly what Dave says for your first 30 days.
After that, when you get the taste out of your mouth and the stains off your nose, PM me for advice on how to proceed with the the rest of your career.

Justaname

What happened? How many attempts at driving before you got it down? I start driving school next week. I know the physical aspect of the job I can handle. The stress part of it I should be able to handle as I have thick skin. But, for some reason I'm kind of nervous.
It's natural to be nervous. I take it your part time so you're finally getting a shot for the big bucks. Im not full time yet, but I was nervous my first day out actually delivering. It's a whole new world compared to part time. Good luck.

I'm sure you will do just fine. I have the utmost confidence in you. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions while at Integrad. Dave.
nice

This is actually a great idea.
Do exactly what Dave says for your first 30 days.
After that, when you get the taste out of your mouth and the stains off your nose, PM me for advice on how to proceed with the the rest of your career.
nice

feel free to pm me also I've mentored many newbes in the past couple of years. Usually when they start I give all of them my cell phone number. I'm on my Bluetooth all day and have fielded many stupid questions. Take a deep breath you have to make it and you will if you hustle and work by the methods. Remember this continue to improve through your thirty days and stay out of the back of the truck as much as possible.

Buck Fifty

1st time, yet 20 years ago was a completely different story. If you could breathe, you qualified. At least at my hub anyways.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have faith in you, Zags. J wasn't mentally ready(the kid before me who didn't make it). You are. You can do it. Just take your time. As 407 said, don't get trapped in the back of the truck. It's like quicksand.

I wish you all the best. :bigsmile2: Make us proud!

U

uber

Thanks for the good luck.

A co-worker told me that the fact that I'm not a female, black, or some other ethnicity going against me. "You're just your regular caucasian male".

I told him I'll act flamboyant.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks for the good luck.

A co-worker told me that the fact that I'm not a female, black, or some other ethnicity going against me. "You're just your regular caucasian male".

I told him I'll act flamboyant.
Sounds like your co-worker hasn't read our contract. :bigsmile2:

OptimusPrime

Out of the last four hires we had in my center, two made it. (One being myself) And two didn't. The main difference was mindset. One was just a lazy schlub. Maybe off the street, given his attitude. Just didn't seem to be UPS material. He quit on his own. The other seemed was a tad different. I had actually worked with him in the hub. After management had been riding him, I layed it all out for him. When trying to qualify, your 50 min lunch and 10 minute break is not yours. It belongs to sorting the truck, digging out packages, covering dead time. A small sacrifice to making the numbers for 30 days. He was having none of it. Would use the whole hour to meet his gf for lunch. Failed to qualify. After he got the boot I was talking to him. Said he was planning on going into feeders. Had a good laugh about that.

iruhnman630

I honestly have never seen an inside hire fail to make their 30-day qualification. Some have dq'd themselves, and some outside hires have come in with no clue what they were really in for.