Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutineer

Their is such a great need for drivers
I have long believed that the circumstances of supply and demand for drivers (or any occupation anywhere) is VERY regional.

Assuming identical industries and occupations; some areas of the country will roll out a red carpet and hire any stooge before the ink is dry.

Others wouldn't waste their piss on you if you were on fire.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
the correct mindset is they made a huge mistake and will slowly bleed out over it on your successful career.

There were not a lot of days where drivers in this center or myself wouldn't crack a joke on the matter while I was disqualified. The behavior was blindingly obvious and many of these supervisors then no longer work for the company.

I got a lot of christmas tips that year. and food stolen to me while I was working.

I have long believed that the circumstances of supply and demand for drivers (or any occupation anywhere) is VERY regional.

Assuming identical industries and occupations; some areas of the country will roll out a red carpet and hire any stooge before the ink is dry.

Others wouldn't waste their piss on you if you were on fire.
I’m in jersey very busy hub and area

the correct mindset is they made a huge mistake and will slowly bleed out over it on your successful career.

There were not a lot of days where drivers in this center or myself wouldn't crack a joke on the matter while I was disqualified. The behavior was blindingly obvious and many of these supervisors then no longer work for the company.

I got a lot of christmas tips that year. and food stolen to me while I was working.
So do I give it another shot

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So do I give it another shot
No, time to move on
Everybody on here have you good advice and you ignored all of it
Not the place for the tough guy attitude
Try FedEx ground you’d fit right in over there

His next post will be how everybody is against him and he can never catch a break

Last edited:
No, time to move on
Everybody on here have you good advice and you ignored all of it
Not the place for the tough guy attitude
Try FedEx ground you’d fit right in over there

His next post will be how everybody is against him and he can never catch a break
The company could have used him, I wouldn't put that past UPS.

FozziesDeliveries

I thought they could extend your qualification 10 more days if you were showing progress. Could maybe ask when you go talk to the manager. If you want it bad enough and they won't extend your qualification tell the manager you would like to stay inside and then be a seasonal driver through peak. That will give you more practice. Then when they are done with seasonals go back inside until you can qualify again.

The 6 months would work out to... February i think which they probably won't be hiring during. But March or April you should hopefully get a shot again. I have seen guys do similar then their second attempt they have the fire in their bellies and really want it and they crush it!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Alright well im gonna hear it from the guy that said I would start this thread cuz I didn’t run or skip lunch and work on lunch at least not too much but here goes. Was disqualified today on day 28. Didn’t run scratch consecutively or whatever. Said I was super close a lot of days but not quite. Was some apartment work on this route that really hurt my time ton of walking. Feel like I worked pretty hard at it and now it feels like a waste of time not to mention money for me and for them…but I have a couple questions

Is there anything I can do? Im gonna talk to the center manager tomorrow. Is it worth going back to the hub and trying again next year? I don’t really wanna play the grievance game but is that even worth trying ? Thanks for any help. Hoping to plead my case however cuz I really really hate the idea of working in the building again like I’m tempted to quit it’s that bad

absolutely ridiculous you would be disqualified young man you did an excellent job. It’s impossible to hit their number I’m surprised you even came close.

my recommendation is to approach your supervisor and say …”You know peak is in 13 weeks are you sure you want to disqualify me for a silly number?”

DONT GIVE UP

🧔‍♂️✊

absolutely ridiculous you would be disqualified young man you did an excellent job. It’s impossible to hit their number I’m surprised you even came close.

my recommendation is to approach your supervisor and say …”You know peak is in 13 weeks are you sure you want to disqualify me for a silly number?”

DONT GIVE UP

🧔‍♂️✊
Right?? And then it won’t be hottest summer in jersey history and I’ll produce. They should like me I have no use for the Union it’s not like I’m gonna file grievances what a waste of time

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I know I’m gonna take some :censored2: but some helpful advice is greatly appreciated cuz I really did want the job
Apparently not. You mocked us for the advice we gave you. Despite guys with decades of experience telling you how to do it, you did it your way. Good luck

Nah

DONT GIVE UP

🧔‍♂️✊
Will he ever be a RPCD

Nah
Alright well im gonna hear it from the guy that said I would start this thread cuz I didn’t run or skip lunch and work on lunch at least not too much but here goes. Was disqualified today on day 28. Didn’t run scratch consecutively or whatever. Said I was super close a lot of days but not quite. Was some apartment work on this route that really hurt my time ton of walking. Feel like I worked pretty hard at it and now it feels like a waste of time not to mention money for me and for them…but I have a couple questions

Is there anything I can do? Im gonna talk to the center manager tomorrow. Is it worth going back to the hub and trying again next year? I don’t really wanna play the grievance game but is that even worth trying ? Thanks for any help. Hoping to plead my case however cuz I really really hate the idea of working in the building again like I’m tempted to quit it’s that bad
Wait a year and try again. They'll probably let you do air or be seasonal or something before then. It never fails. DQ a driver, then use them as cover anyway. Your choice if you want to be used like that, but it could help.

You know what makes me sick is these losers who talk tough probably bought their way in. It’s like Tommy in goodfellas freaking out that billy batts bought his :censored2:in button he’s a fake tough guy

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Yeah good job @ups…everything was going fine until we started doing Saturday deliveries.

US DRIVERS WARNED YOU

BUT YOU DIDNT LISTEN

NOW GET YOUR WALLET OUT @UPS
🧔‍♂️✊

mcsketcher

Don’t sweat it. The issue in NJ is starting pay rates, in lots of jobs, are low. I lived there for 8 months.

So competition for UPS driving jobs is probably stiff.

Wasn’t your fault, but if you were actually doing the best you could, how are you gonna do better next time? The other guys probably cheated just like you were advised to do. But as you’ve said, why would you want to get hired at a place like this Co anyway? I won’t be staying unless by some miracle I get a FT position with a consistent route in a year. Not likely. No big loss IMO. I’ll find something else.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don’t sweat it. The issue in NJ is starting pay rates, in lots of jobs, are low. I lived there for 8 months.

So competition for UPS driving jobs is probably stiff.

Wasn’t your fault, but if you were actually doing the best you could, how are you gonna do better next time? The other guys probably cheated just like you were advised to do. But as you’ve said, why would you want to get hired at a place like this Co anyway? I won’t be staying unless by some miracle I get a FT position with a consistent route in a year. Not likely. No big loss IMO. I’ll find something else./
Oh, so you couldn’t cut it either
You need to make a losers thread
You can title it
“It wasn’t my fault”

Status
Not open for further replies.