Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
On the other hand many people have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet.
This job isn't for everyone but if you can endure it to the finish line, it's worth it
It damn sure is! retiring at 55 was incredible. It is WELL worth the BS and insanity I dealt with for 35 years, Like you said it aint for everybody

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
How long have you been employed with UPS? When I started PT you had to put in 5 years before getting a shot at a FT driver position. I even did seasonal for summer and winter before I got a shot at FT. Either you have the desire to be a driver or you don't, that's just how it is in this bussiness. If you can't handle a 30 day qualifying period you won't stand a chance at making it 30 plus years for a good pension. Talk to the center manager and more than likely you will be offered a seasonal driver position until you can try again for FT. What do you got to lose?

HavenoEDD

Ask him why you actually didn’t qualify. It could be a personal thing, a volume thing or both.

If you were as close as you say you were it might be something else during the probation that turned them off..maybe your attitude, attendance or something else. Maybe not.

If there isn’t enough volume in the center or actual driver positions open then they may of just had you go along for the ride. Seen it happen after every peak season…they get a few excited, run them with some hope and boot them hoping they come back to try again.

With that said they can make the numbers work for drivers that they like and are close to getting the scratch “requirement”. Every number entered into the DIAD can be adjusted and that includes time card management. Then again maybe not because I mean supervisors fooling around with time cards is unheard of at UPS and all… 😏

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Hopefully learn how to play guitar in retirement
Oí nomas este cumbión.
734AD270-20D1-4D70-8966-BBC11E5C7BAD.jpeg

Steamer

What was your brilliant advice that I didn’t heed? I’m really asking
Oh it's okay. The world needs ditch diggers too. Some people just want it no matter the cost. It was only for 30 days. Others will sulk and load package cars day dreaming of $100k a year.

I’m sorry you didn’t make it and I know your upset. We are Teamsters though and cannot support your disdain for the union. Sorry but it’s unacceptable. We wish you well.
Yeah well I look at being forced to be in a union as being unacceptable. I don’t check any diversity boxes so they do nothing for me but still take whatever out of your check. Sorry but it’s a racket

How long have you been employed with UPS? When I started PT you had to put in 5 years before getting a shot at a FT driver position. I even did seasonal for summer and winter before I got a shot at FT. Either you have the desire to be a driver or you don't, that's just how it is in this bussiness. If you can't handle a 30 day qualifying period you won't stand a chance at making it 30 plus years for a good pension. Talk to the center manager and more than likely you will be offered a seasonal driver position until you can try again for FT. What do you got to lose?
5 years and change in building

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yeah well I look at being forced to be in a union as being unacceptable. I don’t check any diversity boxes so they do nothing for me but still take whatever out of your check. Sorry but it’s a racket
This... Lol. This is so wrong.

Dude, I get it. You got DQed. It sucks. You're mad.
But don't go after the union for it. It won't go well for you with this crowd, and it won't go well for you with this career.

Dues are insurance. You might think you don't need it, but that's because you've never needed it. YET.

But don't go after the union for it. It won't go well for you with this crowd, and it won't go well for you with this career.

Dues are insurance. You might think you don't need it, but that's because you've never needed it. YET.
Okay but I just shelled out 50 to them which is more than ever before and then I get DQd like two days later for no reason but not making their imaginary numbers that doesn’t sit well with me. I’m not an outside hire I was paying dues but it feels like I might as well have been.

Last edited:

Racketeering is still racketeering. Doesn’t matter if the government or a union is getting away with it. You gotta kick up? Nothing but glorified mafia tactics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.