Status
Not open for further replies.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Oh, so you couldn’t cut it either
You need to make a losers thread
You can title it
“It wasn’t my fault”
easy big dog your retired now you couldn’t run scratch on a route you didn’t know if your life depended on it…you’re starting to sound like DAVE!
🧔‍♂️✊

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Don’t sweat it. The issue in NJ is starting pay rates, in lots of jobs, are low. I lived there for 8 months.

So competition for UPS driving jobs is probably stiff.

Wasn’t your fault, but if you were actually doing the best you could, how are you gonna do better next time? The other guys probably cheated just like you were advised to do. But as you’ve said, why would you want to get hired at a place like this Co anyway? I won’t be staying unless by some miracle I get a FT position with a consistent route in a year. Not likely. No big loss IMO. I’ll find something else.
Amazon is hiring

PT Car Washer

Alright well im gonna hear it from the guy that said I would start this thread cuz I didn’t run or skip lunch and work on lunch at least not too much but here goes. Was disqualified today on day 28. Didn’t run scratch consecutively or whatever. Said I was super close a lot of days but not quite. Was some apartment work on this route that really hurt my time ton of walking. Feel like I worked pretty hard at it and now it feels like a waste of time not to mention money for me and for them…but I have a couple questions

Is there anything I can do? Im gonna talk to the center manager tomorrow. Is it worth going back to the hub and trying again next year? I don’t really wanna play the grievance game but is that even worth trying ? Thanks for any help. Hoping to plead my case however cuz I really really hate the idea of working in the building again like I’m tempted to quit it’s that bad
Lots of FT drivers don't qualify the first time. Drive air, do seasonal and anything to keep adding to your experience. Try again next year and I bet you make it. If that is really what you want.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Lots of FT drivers don't qualify the first time. Drive air, do seasonal and anything to keep adding to your experience. Try again next year and I bet you make it. If that is really what you want.
I agree , I came to driver school prepared I did helper for 3 years and preload. I have sympathy for the new hires though because we have no back up employees. They go straight onto the hardest route in the building with no supervisor training whatsoever.
🧔‍♂️✊

PT Car Washer

I agree , I came to driver school prepared I did helper for 3 years and preload. I have sympathy for the new hires though because we have no back up employees. They go straight onto the hardest route in the building with no supervisor training whatsoever.
🧔‍♂️✊
And the companies reply is "nobody wants to work anymore".

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
The cake is a lie.
6AF85FCF-400C-49A3-9BF5-AEC12993AC29.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You know what makes me sick is these losers who talk tough probably bought their way in. It’s like Tommy in goodfellas freaking out that billy batts bought his :censored2:in button he’s a fake tough guy
Now don’t be like that
You don’t want to lose your oh so important
“Dignity” over this would you

PCM Troll

No one should ever take advice from BC for making a decision that could change your life forever. The people on here don't care about you. You need to ask yourself if you want to stick it out with UPS in order to make more money than most people do. To be able to go shopping and buy what you want without even caring how much it costs. I know that if I were in your position, I would go back to work inside the building and suffer for 6 months in order to have a future where I wouldn't have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck.

Brownwind

Right?? And then it won’t be hottest summer in jersey history and I’ll produce. They should like me I have no use for the Union it’s not like I’m gonna file grievances what a waste of time
I’m sorry you didn’t make it and I know your upset. We are Teamsters though and cannot support your disdain for the union. Sorry but it’s unacceptable. We wish you well.

PT Car Washer

Newsflash.
No one should ever take advice from BC for making a decision that could change your life forever. The people on here don't care about you. You need to ask yourself if you want to stick it out with UPS in order to make more money than most people do. To be able to go shopping and buy what you want without even caring how much it costs. I know that if I were in your position, I would go back to work inside the building and suffer for 6 months in order to have a future where I wouldn't have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck.
Most UPS FT Union members still live paycheck to paycheck. Just at a higher level. Which is why there will be no strike next year.

Brownwind

Sorry about that. We don’t mean to upset you. I agree with your advice to stay with it. Most of us care very much about our fellow brothers and sisters. We enjoy the job and promote the business. Yep we give some advice that’s worth what you paid for it but a lot of the advice is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.