Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well im gonna hear it from the guy that said I would start this thread cuz I didn’t run or skip lunch and work on lunch at least not too much but here goes. Was disqualified today on day 28. Didn’t run scratch consecutively or whatever. Said I was super close a lot of days but not quite. Was some apartment work on this route that really hurt my time ton of walking. Feel like I worked pretty hard at it and now it feels like a waste of time not to mention money for me and for them…but I have a couple questions

Is there anything I can do? Im gonna talk to the center manager tomorrow. Is it worth going back to the hub and trying again next year? I don’t really wanna play the grievance game but is that even worth trying ? Thanks for any help. Hoping to plead my case however cuz I really really hate the idea of working in the building again like I’m tempted to quit it’s that bad

over9five

Staff member
They probably need you in the building more than they need you to drive.
Maybe you're really good at your inside job, so somebody got told to fail you on the road.

They probably need you in the building more than they need you to drive.
Maybe you're really good at your inside job, so somebody got told to fail you on the road.
I am good at it but that doesn’t pay it’s part time. Frankly I think I’m done at United parcel and if it’s really that corrupt then it’s just as well. Gonna try and plead my case to the center manager he said come talk to him tomorrow

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am good at it but that doesn’t pay it’s part time. Frankly I think I’m done at United parcel and if it’s really that corrupt then it’s just as well. Gonna try and plead my case to the center manager he said come talk to him tomorrow

It's really your call, they can dq pretty much for any or no reason without much room for grievance. Try to see if maybe they'll give you a couple more weeks. That will at least show them you are serious, then do what is necessary to make it if they give you the chance. I was already one foot out the door when I got the call, and if I hadn't made it, I would have probably split.

It's really your call, they can dq pretty much for any or no reason without much room for grievance. Try to see if maybe they'll give you a couple more weeks. That will at least show them you are serious, then do what is necessary to make it if they give you the chance. I was already one foot out the door when I got the call, and if I hadn't made it, I would have probably split.
Working in the building is slave labor which is one thing but it’s part time slave labor

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
He will say you weren’t quite good enough but they will want to keep that golden carrot dangling in front of your eyes, so he will offer you a seasonal gig this peak…but then disqualify you again next year.

I’m to the point where $100k/bennies isn’t worth the mental anguish accompanied by this job. There’s other ways to make money out there. I don’t recommend this job to anyone.

He will say you weren’t quite good enough but they will want to keep that golden carrot dangling in front of your eyes, so he will offer you a seasonal gig this peak…but then disqualify you again next year.

I’m to the point where $100k/bennies isn’t worth the mental anguish accompanied by this job. There’s other ways to make money out there. I don’t recommend this job to anyone.
Yes there are other places you can make money but how many other places actually pay you a pension and give you low priced health insurance when you retire until you reach age 65?

Yeah I only did it a few weeks and I can see how frustrating it is a lot of the time. Most of things that cost me time I had no control over at all

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes there are other places you can make money but how many other places actually pay you a pension and give you low priced health insurance when you retire until you reach age 65?

Retirement's nice, but you need to make it there, and you want to have a life outside of work in the meantime. UPS has no respect for our personal obligations, like they don't even exist.

Retirement's nice, but you need to make it there, and you want to have a life outside of work in the meantime. UPS has no respect for our personal obligations, like they don't even exist.
On the other hand many people have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet.
This job isn't for everyone but if you can endure it to the finish line, it's worth it

You are on some high horse huh. So what is your advice then take no lunch and run? that’s it ?
While you're trying to qualify yes.
It's more than just your over under they want to see how hard you're going to dig in for them.

If you're not willing to put a little extra effort in while trying to qualify they know you're not going to do it after you qualify.

Brownwind

Hear him out with dignity. They might be able to make some adjustments to get you in. Sometimes it’s a game played to see how serious you are.
Just a reminder. They love the employee who is a company man. Get the job then worry about the rest of it. Their is such a great need for drivers there is no way they let you walk unless you have something in your background that’s shady. Are you breathing?? Yep your hired.

While you're trying to qualify yes.
It's more than just your over under they want to see how hard you're going to dig in for them.

If you're not willing to put a little extra effort in while trying to qualify they know you're not going to do it after you qualify.
I went as hard as I could within the methods that they themselves outlined for me. They said no running. They said you had to take at least a half hour lunch and rarely did I take more than 15 or 20 and then sorted my truck some

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.