Different Courier Swing position

FedexCares

This is exactly what it is at my station. If you're a swing, be prepared to be scheduled anywhere from 0600 to 2000 (roughly). But no, they would not be scheduling or allowing 14 hour days. If you sign an offer letter for a FT swing position, be prepared to work at any and all times of day. The split shifts gotta be the worst, unless you can actually go home on a 4 hour break and get some errands run.

Swings get abused and the pay doesn't reflect that.
That’s insane. I don’t see how they can even find anyone to do that job, as nobody in their right mind is going to put up with that for 18-19 bucks an hour. Swing positions are stressful enough just doing a normal shift.

vantexan

I'm well aware of that. I used to run a split shift, started at 0700 an punched out ~2030, 5 days a week

I did just notice, the hours he posted wouldn't be able to be run 2 days in a row.
My first ft rt was a split starting at 0710 and ending between 2030-2045 5 days with a 3 hr break. Mgr told me I was the new guy, had transferred there from hub, so I had to work Saturday mornings too. Was there 6 months before a courier told me I was FT and didn't have to work Saturdays if I didn't want to. Told mgr I was no longer working Saturdays and he just grinned and shrugged. Gotta love management.

falcon back

My first ft rt was a split starting at 0710 and ending between 2030-2045 5 days with a 3 hr break. Mgr told me I was the new guy, had transferred there from hub, so I had to work Saturday mornings too. Was there 6 months before a courier told me I was FT and didn't have to work Saturdays if I didn't want to. Told mgr I was no longer working Saturdays and he just grinned and shrugged. Gotta love management.
Yep. But he knew 1 day you would getting a 80% TPB if you played your cards right.

vantexan

Yep. But he knew 1 day you would getting a 80% TPB if you played your cards right.
And I knew I wouldn't. I could've worked until 60 if my feet and left knee weren't bothering me so much. But the freedom I've had the last 5 years was worth every penny. By the way, golf isn't interesting to me at all, have never liked beer, and have never tried weed and have no desire to. There's nothing about your retirement that appeals to me. I'll have the money to live it up right away in Argentina but have no desire to. I'd rather save and invest which I find to be much more interesting.

falcon back

And I knew I wouldn't. I could've worked until 60 if my feet and left knee weren't bothering me so much. But the freedom I've had the last 5 years was worth every penny. By the way, golf isn't interesting to me at all, have never liked beer, and have never tried weed and have no desire to. There's nothing about your retirement that appeals to me. I'll have the money to live it up right away in Argentina but have no desire to. I'd rather save and invest which I find to be much more interesting.
Invest? Are you saving for your future? LOL. That was supposed to be done before you retired. Now it's time to enjoy the money.

floridays

Me run low? Not a chance. Especially once my large TPB kick in. My goal is to bounce my last check as they lower me in the ground.
You have no children and you plan on your wife dying when you do.
Third possibility and it has been raised,
You don't give a :poop: about anyone beyond yourself.

Which is it?
I've been sticking up for you Pancho.

falcon back

You have no children and you plan on your wife dying when you do.
Third possibility and it has been raised,
You don't give a :poop: about anyone beyond yourself.

Which is it?
I've been sticking up for you Pancho.
Haven't you ever heard that term about bouncing your last check? It was sarcasm. Look up the definition. I have kids and they have excellent jobs. They make way more than I ever did. They know my 401k and retirement is mine and my wife's. There is enough in real estate and collector cars to give them something. I never inherited anything and I didn't save my entire life to leave money to anyone. It's not about being selfish, it's about living your retirement years with the financial freedom to do what you want and have nothing left on the bucket list.

floridays

Haven't you ever heard that term about bouncing your last check? It was sarcasm. Look up the definition. I have kids and they have excellent jobs. They make way more than I ever did. They know my 401k and retirement is mine and my wife's. There is enough in real estate and collector cars to give them something. I never inherited anything and I didn't save my entire life to leave money to anyone. It's not about being selfish, it's about living your retirement years with the financial freedom to do what you want and have nothing left on the bucket list.
I have heard the saying, (term). I think, even said in jest, it speaks to the sayer's character.
Maybe it is just the way I think, it's just me.

vantexan

As long as I don't live past 95, I will be fine. After that, I might have to actually slow down and live on a budget.
Well lazy dude, if your wife does all the housework after she gets home from work I'm sure you'll live a long time. At least buy her a rider to mow the lawn. Her pushing that mower around while you watch NASCAR is really sad.

floridays

Well lazy dude, if your wife does all the housework after she gets home from work I'm sure you'll live a long time. At least buy her a rider to mow the lawn. Her pushing that mower around while you watch NASCAR is really sad.
He's paycheck to paycheck.
No wealth, he's just waiting for a deposit.

SmithBarney

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell my the difference between FT Courier Swing and FT Courier Swing 6:30-1230 and 1400-2100. I asked during the interview and the hiring Manger said they were the same and I’ll be working the same shift as a regular Swing driver. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Has anyone seen this position at in your hub? Thanks in advance.
Looks like A response station, new First wave, new Second Wave positions, many locations have two sorts running now, and they need swings for both, good chance they'll ask you to work the other shift from time to time.

floridays

Looks like A response station, new First wave, new Second Wave positions, many locations have two sorts running now, and they need swings for both, good chance they'll ask you to work the other shift from time to time.
Legitimate questions, looking for answers.

What is a response station?

What is first wave?
What is second wave?

How many flights arrive from Memphis?
When do Oakland and Indy arrive if you get them.
Only questions.