Different Courier Swing position

floridays

0600 punch in might be doing doc sort on a Monday morning. Might even punch in earlier and do a run to the ramp for FOs. Might be doing address corrections or setting up the morning sort. Loading all the send-again packages back on the belt and setting up the guns.

2100 punch out person would be doing Wave 2 deliveries up until 2030 and a RTB of 2100. Our Wave 2 drivers do absolutely no pups and therefore don't have to get outbound back nor do they work the PM sort.

This is why Response is absolute crap in my station. Our Wave 2 drivers don't even typically get on road until 1430, sometimes 1530. They typically bring back at least 50% of what they take on road, which ends up being WDLs the next day.
Sounds like a :poop: show.
Sounds like you have no CSA or dedicated ramp driver.
I asssume the ramp does a midday delivery, is it for late Indy freight?

Best wishes, my best friend out there lives on San Mateo.

SmithBarney

Legitimate questions, looking for answers.

What is a response station?

What is first wave?
What is second wave?

How many flights arrive from Memphis?
When do Oakland and Indy arrive if you get them.
Only questions.
Apparently Not all areas are doing it, but not even sure of the proper terms, but basically some stations(response) now run two delivery sorts.
First wave(normal morning folk, P1, P2 etc)
Second wave(ours start at 1200ish) and there are later flights(INDH?MEMH?) for these crrs, we're running about 30 2nd wave drivers.

A few of the second wave drivers had been PM drivers so they actually double up and do pickup routes after.
A few of the second wave drives come in early as overflow and return in time for second sort.

I'm not sure of the flight counts, or origin(no oakland here, we're on the wrong coast)

It's generally a cluster, we have:

2nd wave drivers going out and bringing stuff back(no attempts, gets rolled to first wave next day)
2nd wave drivers going out with 10 stops driving 300 miles over lapping(and usually seeing/waving at the first wave drivers)
I generally see 1-2 of the 2nd wave drivers in my area, multiple times i've been delivering to the same location as them.

Lets not forget to mention, the complete lack of and disregard for training, almost all 2nd wave drivers are brand new with minimal training:
can you drive around the lot in a rental?, yay you pass drivers class...
do you have at least one good hand, good you can hold the LEO, you just passed CRR class.

We actually have a Ground driver who came over, who our manager was explicitly told not to hire because of customer complaints, he's already racking up complaints.

Almost all our rentals(I think we have 50+) have some sort of body damage from us.

If this system was designed to save money I can't see it, sure they cut some overtime, but the flights are still late, we still don't make service, we have double the amount of employees, we're renting trucks I can't imagine what that costs... guess only time will tell. On the bright side I was told of 20 people who said they would quit if Vaccines were mandated, so at least there will be plenty of work for us all.

Fergus Mahoney

In my experience everyone is a cover/swing driver at this point. Of course my station is run by a past swing driver that was nearly fired for insubordination for refusing to work a night route.