Dirty Shop Steward

rocket man

I have multiple Lawsuits against UPS stemming from continuous harassment, discriminaton, and other issues and I have a shop steward who plays both sides. He is on the safety committee and gives management confidential info on me pertaining to my lawsuit as well as info on grievances that I plan on submitting before I do. This dual task is obviously a conflict because he gives management info on me in exchange for 1 1/2 hours of safety time each day. Recently I found out about his actions and complained to the Union president, but havent received a response. This shop steward continuously tries to persuade me not to file grievances on management and and has been doing so for 4 years now. I have stopped using him as a shop steward for over a year now and have noticed quite a difference in my meetings with managers. They are completely caught off guard now whereas before they seemed prepared for me. Can someone please advise me on how to handle this individual (rat).
this is a wild post I think you need a third party like your b a because the company is not just playing you they are playing him. because not matter what you or i or any thinks managment is not on his side eithier. contact union and like its been said document document document . you have and that is good . just remember there are more people behind you than a (D B shop rep who thinks they can play both ways good luck

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ever tell him that to his face, or just anonymously on the internet?
I enjoyed telling our FT steward, on more than one occasion, that he can suck-uhhh-an egg. Yeah, yeah, that's it. An egg. They added a second steward while I've been out. Nice guy, but he doesn't take any crap. He's been a good guy as long as I've known him. (I went through K-12 with his younger brother, that's a lotta years)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have won multiple grievances for management shuttling late air. Pays pretty well!!

I have no problem with filing grievances for Supes doing our work. Filing Multiple lawsuits against the company and wondering why your workplace is hostile? The common denominator with a lot of these employees that are constantly battling management is the man in the mirror.